“"Best Day Ever" - said my 3 & 4 year olds” 4 of 5 stars

Edgewater Hotel & Waterpark
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   2400 London Road, Duluth, MN 55812   |
Ranked #17 of 32 Hotels in Duluth
Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota, United States
“"Best Day Ever" - said my 3 & 4 year olds”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My 3 & 4 year olds really enjoyed their first waterpark adventure at the Edgewater Resort & Waterpark in January. We were all in need of an activity to break us from our winter blues and this was the perfect solution. The lazy river was fun for relaxing between the trips down the waterslides and the kids loved the big bucket that dumps water on the smaller slide area.

Both kids are natural swimmers but I was delighted how quickly my 3 year old transitioned from wanting to sit on my lap for every slide to breaking free and going on his own in the smaller slide area. It was nice that there was plenty of room to sit and eat or just to take a break from the water for a bit.

Some things that could be better...
* It was insanely HOT in there. Slightly cooler air temperature would make it much more
enjoyable.
* Food - if you have any dietary restrictions you're out of luck. We have Gluten sensitivities
and really weren't able to eat anything there. We will bring food next time.
* Changing/Locker rooms were not as clean as I'd have liked so be sure to bring some shower
shoes/flip-flops.

We didn't stay in the resort but the lobby, pool deck and arcade were clean and staff were very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Didn't stay overnight so can't comment on the rooms.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Edgewater Hotel & Waterpark, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. The only way we can get better is to get honest and timely feedback. We value all guest input and use it to improve our operation. I'm glad you and your family enjoyed your time here and I hope you will let us serve you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
Duluth, MN, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

I would like to thank the staff at the Edgewater Resort and Waterpark for their amazing help to find my 4 year old daughter when she disappeared out of our hotel room while the adult in charge was in the restroom. She was missing for nearly an hour and the Manager on duty (it was a female) had everyone on walkies-talkies stop working and look for her. It was wonderful how responsive they were to a mother in distress and very calming to communicate with. Thank you so much, it is amazing to know there are people that take their job that seriously and care that much! (it was 10-10-2011 when we stayed)

Kelly Bright

Room Tip: they have rooms with bunk beds that are reasonable for families!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Edgewater Hotel & Waterpark, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience from your stay. I can't imagine what that hour was like for you, and am obviously happy we were able to help you in your time of need. We really appreciate your kind words and hope you will let us serve you here again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Came for a quick getaway with my 7 year old grandson, and we had a blast! Beautiful room, friendly staff and great food! This is a great hotel for kids and families! We had a lakeside room and the view was great. It was wonderful to wake up and look out the window and see beautiful Lake Superior! Bonus, we also got to see a couple of boats!! I will definitely be back!

• Stayed April 2013
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Edgewater Hotel & Waterpark, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to post your review and 5 star rating about your recent stay with us. We are always very happy when a guest contacts us about the wonderful service they have received. We look forward to welcoming you back and serving you here again soon.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights with our 3 kids. They had a blast at the water park as did we. Cons; check in took 35 mins which was pretty ridiculous as it was spring break and it might have been a good idea to have more than 2 front desk staff due to the holiday! Otherwise a good stay and hotel has everything you need.

• Stayed March 2013
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Edgewater Hotel & Waterpark, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thanks posting your comments about your spring break stay with us. I am sorry about the wait you experienced, and offer my apologies. We are always looking for ways to improve and appreciate your input. I hope you will give us another chance to serve you here again.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

We had a 3 year old and two 6 year-olds with us for spring break and they had a blast. They are already begging to go back to the Edge for spring break next year. The waterpark is a perfect size for young children and they loved the arcade. It was cold this visit, but it's even better in warm weather because of the inflatable bounce house and slide and mini golf. It's nothing fancy, but it's perfect for an inexpensive getaway with younger children.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for making your very first TA review about your recent stay with us. I'm glad everyone had a good time, and hope to see you here again as soon as the weather improves.
Saint Paul, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Great mid size water park. Ideal for 4-10 set. Loud hallways down on the pool level, but that would be a parent problem not a hotel problem. Park did get a little over crowded but it was spring break. Great experience for our first visit. Nice location in a great city to visit.

• Stayed March 2013
Thanks for choosing to stay with us and posting your comments. It is easy to provide excellent service during off-peak times, and I really appreciate your understanding. Our aim is for every guest to have great service, every time. Thank you for your comments; they help us improve our service. I hope you stay with us every time you come to our explore and enjoy more of our great city.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

We have stayed here a few times. We have 4 kids so we get the suite. Generally found it very clean, quiet, nice. This time we got a more expensive suite right across from the arcade. The room was terrible. No window, in the basement, low ceiling felt claustrophobic. It was clean with the exception of dirty Kleenex in the bunk bed and they didn't put sheets on that bed. I'm picky about cleanliness and this hotel was kept clean everywhere with the Kleenex exception. The other bad thing about this room is for 4 days every morning from 7:00am to 9:00 like clock work we had floods of kids and their parents yelling, running screaming outside our door. Can I say brittney and Brayden and your nana and papa and parents you are very loud! Yes we could hear names and conversations- it echoed. We also know when kids did well in the arcade the bells going off was not my idea of atmosphere. If you, like my older kids, wanted to sleep in the rooms by the arcade and water park are not for you. I HATED our room but that was all we could get. Way too overpriced for these rooms. The water out of the faucet came out cloudy so bring bottled water. If that was all we could get next time we would not go. Get a room above ground with a few of the lake. This particular trip was a huge disappointment because the room should have been a large storage room not a $175 guest suite. We will have to figure out if we want to go back or not. We way overpaid for this room. Waterpark is better for the 4-10 age group. 2 slides one with tube and the body slide that scratched my son and really scraped my husbands back up on one slide, I would be very careful on that slide or avoid it all together. Breakfast is good. One day they had closed down one of the lines by 9:30 so there was a long line to get food. They run out of breads, bagels by about 9:30 so go alittle early. The free breakfast is breads, bagels, cereal, fruit, yogurt, oatmeal packets, coffee, juice, milk. Hey it's free.

Room Tip: Do not, repeat do not get a room in the basement. Rated sleep quality poor as every morning it was s...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your many visits and taking the time to share your recent experience here. I am truly sorry you were disappointed in us and hope you will accept my apologies. We do have a wide variety of room types and locations and it is clear that this time we did not meet your needs. If you would like to discuss this further and give us a chance to make amends, please contact me via kenjacobs@zmchotels.com. I hope you will give us a chance to regain your trust on a future visit to Duluth.

Been to Edgewater Hotel & Waterpark? Share your experiences!