“Bussiness Traveler Friendly” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 32 Hotels in Duluth
st cloud
“Bussiness Traveler Friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

I have been staying with the Edge Water for over 20 years on a monthly bases! What I enjoy the most about the Edge is The Staff is always friendly and knowledgeable of the Park and the Duluth and surrounding area. They are always up grading and updateing the building and facilities! The Edge is very Children friendly and busy with them but, what it is nice are the rooms are very quiet and always clean! If your ever looking for a place to have a meeting event this is the place! Always busy with groups during my stays! Hats off to this staff as they know the value of customer service!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Edgewater Hotel & Waterpark, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Thank you very much for your wonderful loyalty and really nice review and rating. I think it's great that your very first TA review was about your many stays with us,and look forward to welcoming you back and thanking you in person the next time you are here.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

We were in Duluth for a hockey tournament. We stayed at the Edge and had a great time! The property is very accommodating for sports teams!

The staff was very friendly and helpful. Customer service is excellent here, from the time we booked our rooms until the time we checked out.
The sleeping rooms were clean and comfortable. The hotel is older, but they have done a good job of keeping the rooms up to date. We had a lakeview balcony room in the Tiki Tower and had an amazing view of the sunrise on Lake Superior each morning! The beds were comfortable and the bathroom was large and well stocked.
The waterpark was a hit with the kids, they had a blast! There were several lifeguards on duty, so we didn't have to worry about our kids very much while they swam.
The food is pretty good if you choose to order room service or call down and pick it up yourself from the grill. The Tiki bar was a fun in the evening and overlooked the waterpark. We didn't eat breakfast at the hotel, but a continental breakfast was offered each morning.
We were able to get a complementary meeting room each evening (since we booked a block of rooms) which was really nice for our families to gather and visit.
We would highly recommend this property and plan to stay there again when we go to Duluth.

Room Tip: The Lakeview rooms in the Tiki tower have amazing views of Lake Superior. They have balconies and w...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for choosing our hotel, and for your thorough review and strong recommendation. We love having teams stay with us and seeing all the camaraderie and good sportsmanship they bring with them. They inspire us to do our best and we really appreciate your compliments. I hope the tournament went well for you and that we will see you here again soon.
Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We have been coming here for 4 years now. I just wish it was closer to us in MISSOURI! We coming up for the summers and cannot go home without a trip to the EDGE! We love the swirl pool and the ability to go outside and swim. WE love the movies and the view of the lake from the rooms. They work with you if there is a problem and is quick to do what you need.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your strong loyalty and for taking the time to write and post your comments and rating. Everyone here wants all our guests to have an excellent experience while they are here, and we really appreciate your acknowledgement of jobs well done by our team. We look forward to welcoming you back and serving you again soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I go multiple times a year its fun friendly staff. The Polynesian plaza is outdated and parking sucks but get there earlier and request tiki tower and park your car. The grill is pricy but if they are not busy the food is amazing!

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you for your many visits and 5 star rating of our hotel! Everyone here wants all our guests to enjoy themselves, and we really appreciate your kind words. We look forward to serving you here again soon.
Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

We have been here several times over the years. We usually come with a large crowd. 8-10 children and 6 adults. The rooms are always clean! The staff is friendly! The last time I stayed (I'm actually here right now). The lazy river and water slides were shut down for several hours. I didn't drive from the twin cities to Duluth for my kids to sit in their rooms watching tv and playing on various electronic devices. I tried talking with the manager on duty and he was not very cooperative. He simply offered to set me up in a different hotel. I would love to discuss this with a senior manager as this stay has been less than pleasant. My rooms were spread out across the campus. I didn't get my microwave. It took 3 calls to house keeping to bring bedding for the pull out couch. Also I did not get my ADA room. In the past none of these things were an issue but for some reason they could not get it together on this trip. I hope the rest of this trip is better!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your many visits and for taking the time to share your experiences here. I am truly sorry you were so disappointed with us and offer my sincere apologies. Another member of our management team has been in touch with you, and if you wish to discuss this further, please feel free to contact me directly at kenjacobs@zmchotels.com. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip to Duluth, and that you will be back again soon.
Lino Lakes, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

We stayed on December 22nd. Room with bunk beds for the kids right across from waterpark entrance. Really the noise once the park closed was not bad. It was very easy for the kids to go back and forth from the room to the arcade and waterpark. Room was clean and loved the elephant towel. Sink and vanity outside of bathroom which made it nice for getting ready. Room for sleeping six but two chairs and you really cannot sit on the bunks. Not so much fun for sitting around as a family in the room itself but works great for sleeping.

Staff friendly, plenty of lifeguards and I was lucky enough to get warm pool towels. One lifeguard staffed an activity table which was really nice when the kids needed a pool break.

Parking is lacking, be prepared to walk a little with luggage. Check-in took about a 1/2 hour. That was a bit of a bummer since the lobby is very small. During peak check-in times they might want to consider adding staff who just answers questions to those waiting in line. This might free up the check-in staff a bit.

Breakfast was good. Ceral, toast, yogurt etc. Pizza's good and fair price.

Room Tip: Much more convienient to be in the Tiki Tower. Lakeview or not, just easier to get around.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your review about your recent stay with us. I'm glad you and your family enjoyed the room and waterpark, and appreciate your recognition of jobs well done. I am sorry your check in took longer than normal and offer my apologies. We welcome your input and are always trying to improve based on guest comments. I hope you will have a pleasant stay with us again soon.
Rural Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

We have gone here a couple of times. Lakeside rooms are definately quieter then waterpark side. They cater to families and the staff is always pleasant and helpful. Love the lifeguards at the park. They are constantly moving and watching. I felt extremely comfortable with my 8 year being able to play and move around without me being right next to her the whole time. Definately recommend, best rates for sun to thurs. Quite expensive on the weekend.

Room Tip: Stay in the building with the waterpark, it can be a cold walk across to the other building. But go...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your many visits and nice review. I'm glad you find our hotel and waterpark to be a good value during the week, and encourage you to keep an eye on out for many wonderful upcoming deals. I hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Been to Edgewater Hotel & Waterpark? Share your experiences!