“Lunch with my daughter” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Delivery, Late Night
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Lunch with my daughter”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

My daughter is a student at UMD and I was up for a short visit. She had been once before and said it was pretty good. I ordered the one fisted "fat capitalist" burrito and it was very good. I can't remember which one she ordered but said it was good as well. They have several different salsas you can choose from and we ordered the "smoked tomatillo". I should have read the description more closely since it has a very distinct "smoked" flavor and I don't care for that. Their beer selection is from Fitger's Brewhouse which makes awesome beer!

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

56% Recommend
“A unique little place.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I've heard good things about this place and I finally had the chance to go to it first hand. Its a great perk that this place serves the craft beers from Fitgers (which is just down the road). The atmosphere seemed to be a cross of college kids and locals. The vibe was nice and the food was good. I had the fish tacos which were pretty good. They had some nice varieties of salsas for some tortilla chip-dipping!

I would definitely go back there if it worked out. I'd rather hit a place like Fitgers Brewhouse if I had a choice.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Duluth, Minnesota
“These burritos are boss, yo!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Seriously great local brews and food. Def. suggest Apricot Wheat (great light, sweet, beer) or Superior Trail IPA (if you can handle a stinger brew). The nachos are to die for, as is their wide variety of in house made salsas (salsa verde, woo!). If your not a big fan of how difficult burritos can be to eat, try the bowl. Yum!

Visited February 2013
Wisconsin, United States
“You Won't Leave Hungry!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Since our son is a University of Minnesota-Duluth Student we have taken on the eating adventure of trying different restaurant hotspots in the city when we visit. A student favorite, as well as one of this adult's favorite, is the Burrito Union. Located at the corner of East 4th Street and North 14th Avenue, this place has it all for those hungry for this ethnic cuisine. Definitely not one of your commercial fast food Taco factories, the Burrito Union has very filling Signature Dishes. My favorite is the Empire Builder with the marinated steak and a cold glass of Duluth's very own micro-brewed Fitger's Starfire Pale Ale or Lighthouse Golden. And you won't go wrong ordering up their homemade chips and salsa as a starter! They even cater to the vegan with an all veggie burrito. The kid's favorite are the three fish taco plates.

Great fun place for the family or a few friends and the prices are very reasonable!

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Duluth, Minnesota
“Good Food and Beer = Fun!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

This place is a good neighborhood gathering spot for great local beer (Fitgers), decent mexican food (the burritos are quite good), and loads of fun. Several burrito variations are available along with unique, homemade salsas and interesting side dishes. We had a Lake Superior whitefish burrito which had a good blend of flavors and tender, flakey fish chunks. My partner had a pork burrito filled with nicely slow-cooked pork and tomatillo salsa. The Fitgers beer alone would be a huge draw. Wine options are limited, however.

We've also enjoyed a suprisingly good breakfast here - great coffee with several options for breakfast burritos loaded with eggs, cheese and salsa.

• Visited February 2013