“Great location and hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #14 of 32 Hotels in Duluth
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Minnesota
“Great location and hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2009

Spacious rooms, great location - walking distance to Canal Park.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2009

Our family decided to checkout the new Sheraton in duluth. It was stunning, very well done.

Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Wish I was there
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2009

The Duluth Sheraton is a nice property. We had two nice adjoining rooms for a weekend in town. The hotel is in the downtown area of Duluth, a short distance from the Canal Park area.

Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2009

I was impressed with this hotel. We got a free night through the Starwood Club points system so I don't know how much it would have really cost.

The hotel is right downtown, so is close to shopping and food. You can walk to the point park, which is a nice walk. Parking is in a ramp connected to the hotel and check-in was a breeze. Our room faced lake Superior and seemed to be recently remodeled. For a room with two double beds, there could have been more towels, though.

The pool is small, but nice and my daughter took full advantage of it. The exercise room is nice and pretty well stocked for a small room. There are several computers in the lobby for internet use and I understand that wifi is provided. The front desk is limited as to the typical local brochures offered, so I suggest stopping at an info kiosk.

Stay here and you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2009

What a lovely hotel. It is great to see this level of quality and service in Duluth. Convenient location; we walked to Canal Park using the lakeshore walk. It was nice to be downtown, which is clearly enjoying a bit of a revival. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
wakefield, michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2009

I went to Duluth for business/leisure trip with co-workers, what a long drive we had to. When we got there, finding parking was a pain to say the least. Not to mention the walk we had, around and around and around we went just to get to the front desk! Elevators??? Ya after you had walked a marathon already! Plus carrying luggage of our female riders(no offence there, they know they brought alot of stuff!!! LOL) It would have been fine accept how tired we were when we got there, and looked forward to relax. We are not exaggerating here, they should have a button that buzzes someone at the front, who speaks to you and tells you to wait and that they will have someone come where you are with a trolly or something. However you will have the convience of a map on the wall to try to tell you where your at, your a mouse in a maze! TG my medications didnt kick in! LOL I would have never found my way back to the room when I had to go search for my car cause i needed something.
How was customer service? The guy who worked there, was nice and did accomadate us with towels and a rollaway bed. They did offer shuttle service to take you around town to eat or site seeing. That would be nice to some.
However the pool here is only 3 feet deep, so if your bringing your kids here to swim, that may dissappointment them. We had a couple with us, and they were teenagers who whined about it saying it was a kiddy pool! Not that you can please a teenageer, lol.But we try dont we? LOL
One of us, got a suite thinking oh it will be nice and big to accomodate most of us, can we say WOW when we walked in, and NOT a GOOD WOW! It was tiny! Two people should only taKe their suite, cause youll be walking over each other if you dont! We asked for a hot tub in the room, but they didnt have any in the hotel.They told us there was one by the pool. Well whooopy doooo! If i pay over 200 bucks for a suite, I want a whirl TUB! IN PRIVATE! Not sharing it with every tom, dick , and harry casino goer! LOL
The view wasnt bad in the room though, accept of the row of bars across the street and you could hear everything going on there. Peace and quiet ??? Naaaaa bring your meds, and crank up the tv!
They are nice there though, no compalints really there. They dont make the rules, or prices, or make decisions on decorating, or putting hot tubs in rooms, they just work there. LOL Hint, hint management!
They do accept pets, which is fantastic, and dont charge a nutty price over it. That was nice to hear, because we do have pets, and know hotels should accept pets. Pets are live beings, ya cant always leave them at home! Plus they are family. So all you pet lovers will like that news.
Now for the suite itself, besides being small. Its just average looking. Looks like any reg room with a king bed. There wasnt a wow factor there at all! Which was dissappointing.
But instead of a chair with a bible, there was a couch with one. I would be highly PISSED if I came here for a romantic evening with my husband for the first time. Def doesnt cut it for the price you pay! Was it clean??? Yes it sure was, thank god cause if it hadnt been, I would have screamed REFUND with all the dissappointments we ran into.
I have def been to worse hotels then this one though, would I reccomend it? Sure, but I would say take the cheapest room you can!
I hope this helps someone else. As for management there, I think you all need to get together, and make some changes well long over due, esp with the competion you do have. Come on now!
Take care

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Evanston, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2009

We stayed at the Sheraton in August of 2009 after my Aunt had an accident in northern Minnesota and was life-flighted to St Mary's. The staff was extremely supportive and helpful, especially Rebekah and Marshall. They went out of their way to make sure we were comfortable and had everything we needed.

The hotel has many amenities - free wifi in public areas (you have to pay in your room), the use of a printer and computers in the lobby, a cute bar, great fitness center, Starbucks coffee in the rooms. It is also connected to the parking garage and Skywalk system for convenience. If you've never been to Duluth before, the downtown area is built on a VERY steep hill and the Skywalk system makes it a lot easier to get around.

The garage is not very far at all. I don't know why some of the reviews make it seem like you have to walk forever to get to it. It's really just at the end of a long hallway that is connected to the hotel by an elevator at the back of the ground floor.

If you are traveling to Duluth for medical reasons, be sure to check with the hospital about securing medical rates for the hotel. I felt that $88 was a great value for this safe, clean and comfortable hotel. It was nice not to have to worry about ANYTHING while we were there dealing with a crisis.

I highly recommend this hotel! It was one of my better hotel experiences, and I travel a lot!

• Stayed August 2009

Been to Sheraton Duluth Hotel? Share your experiences!