“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 32 Hotels in Duluth
Denver, Colorado
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

This is a very nice Hotel, clean and efficient. I was upgraded to a corner suite with a great view of the lake and Lift bridge. Excellent for watching the Lake vessels coming and going. Try Duluth Shipping web site to learn of vessels coming into and out of the port.

The room was quiet and comfortable, sleep was great due to nice bedding.

Take advantage of the free Hotel shuttle to get to the Harbor, dump the car and don't worry about parking. The shuttle drivers are very knowledgeable.

The concierge lounge is small but nice.

The front desk staff is very friendly.

In all a great Hotel to stay at during you Duluth visit.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the Lake
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Doug B, General Manager at Sheraton Duluth Hotel, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Dear Michael M,
Thank you for taking the time to post this review, I am glad you enjoyed your time with us.
I will certainly pass along your kind words regarding our shuttle drivers, and I hope other travelers will take your advice.
Thanks again for sharing your experience and we will look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to Duluth.

Sheraton Duluth Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Manchester, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

Comfortable room with nice view of the lake. The beds were great and the bathroom large. The staff was very friendly and the location of the hotel was convenient. Local restaurants and the lake are right outside the door.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Doug B, General Manager at Sheraton Duluth Hotel, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Dear Quib09,
Thank you for the review of your time with us. We feel fortunate that our location has so much to offer and I am glad you experienced Duluth. I will also pass along your kind words to our staff as it means a lot to us to hear that we exceeded your expectations.
Thank you for choosing us and we will look forward to welcoming you back next time.

North Mankato, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

The staff were very helpful and considerate. We got 2 hours additional time to check out. There is a parking ramp that has an over 8' clearance, connected through a skywalk to the hotel, which they will validate parking for. It is a bit inconvenient, so we only carried in the essentials. From the parking ramp you take a separate elevator to the hotel lobby, and then a different elevator to your room floor. The room and beds were luxurious but we had to call to figure out how to turn on the bathroom lights! No continental breakfast, but there is a restaurant on site. Free WiFi available. They had room darkening shades, which allowed us some quality sleep in time in the morning. A bit expensive for the casual traveler.

Room Tip: Sign up for the free Starwood Rewards program. Ask for a room overlooking Lake Superior.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear PEGGY K,

Thank you for the great feedback you have provided. This level of detail is important for us so we know exactly how we can improve for future experiences.
I am glad to hear that our staff enhanced your time with us, and we will look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to Duluth.

Milwaukee, WI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

I like this hotel – the rooms are updated and clean. I like their fitness room – the location is good with various bars, cafés, and restaurants close.

But I’m not sure I can stay here again. I stayed here last year on business and now just this week again. Both times I ate breakfast at their 301 restaurant and it was extremely slow. Yes, it took over 25 minutes to bring me over easy eggs with fruit. When you need to get to your business appointment that’s unacceptable.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Doug B, General Manager at Sheraton Duluth Hotel, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear Randy E,

My name is Doug Bremer, General Manager of the Sheraton Duluth Hotel.

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. One of the major purposes of online reviews is to highlight areas for improvement and your feedback provides our hotel with valuable information that we can review to improve on for the future. Thank you for your comments about the timing issues you encountered at our restaurant – we would like to be able to correct this immediately. Please feel free to contact me at 218-336-2719 so I can investigate this further, as I would appreciate the chance to prevent similar events from occurring.

If you have any further questions or comments, please let me know.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

We were greeted very warmly by Jenny at the front desk when we walked in the door. She went out of her way to make sure our first wedding anniversary was a special and memorable one. Great view of the lake from the 4th floor. Highly recommend.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Doug B, General Manager at Sheraton Duluth Hotel, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Dear George C,
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us, and thank you for allowing us to be part of your special occasion!
Jenny is a valued member of our team, and I am thrilled to share your positive review of your experience with her.
Thank you again for your kind words, and we will look forward to giving you a warm welcome during your next visit to Duluth.

Gatlinburg, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

Check in seemed impossible. Customer service was bad at the front desk but not at the bar. The bartender was nice and pleasant. The room was clean but outdated. The bathroom was pretty big. Took way too long to get extra towel. The Club room was nice. Food was ok. Check out seemed impossible.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Doug B, General Manager at Sheraton Duluth Hotel, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Dear cmoore715,

In regards to our service, I do apologize for your experience. I will certainly review our overall performance to ensure we are able to provide the best service possible moving forward.

Since you have mentioned a number of other items in your review, I would welcome the opportunity to speak to you in more detail to learn how you feel we could improve our overall services. You can reach me at 218-336-2719. I look forward to hearing from you.

Loveland, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

I always try to balance my reviews between the good and the not as good, so first, the good.

The location is conveniently located in downtown Duluth. There are many restaurants nearby along with some of the more touristy things to do in Duluth.

The room was clean and the bathroom large, though the bathroom has these odd French doors with an opening where they come together which doesn't provide a lot of privacy. We had a room on the lakeside which provided a nice view of Lake Superior and the lift bridge.

The linens were nice and the bed and pillows comfortable.

Now, the not so good. Be prepared for a hike from the parking ramp to the hotel. Lots of elevators, skywalks and hallways to maneuver. Each time you leave you need to have your parking ticket validated. A hassle when there was a line at the front desk.

There are no drawers in the room-this is irritating but my son and I made due.

Though housekeeping kept our room clean we were constantly having to leave notes for items they needed to restock. The last night we were close to running out of toilet paper and the coffee had not been restocked. I called the front desk and they said I could come down to pick the items up - no apology for the inconvenience or offer to have someone bring these items to the room.

This is, by far, the noisiest hotel I have stayed in my entire life. Each time someone down the hall left the room the doors slammed with such a noise the whole room shook. I stayed there five nights and each morning was awakened to such noise-most mornings this began at 5:00 am. Even those considerate folks who tried to ease their door shut could not prevent it from making a loud noise.

On Sunday morning I overheard the manager on duty being short and rude with guests. This is unnecessary and inexcusable under any circumstance.

Suffice it to say I would never stay at this hotel again should I find myself back in Duluth, nor can I recommend it to others.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Doreen M,

I am glad that you found our location convenient, and the accommodations clean and comfortable. As for the noise and level of service you encountered, I do apologize for your experience. I will certainly review the overall performance of our service to ensure we are able to provide the best service possible moving forward.

Sheraton Duluth Hotel

Been to Sheraton Duluth Hotel? Share your experiences!