“Excellent Hotel. Highly Recommended” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #11 of 32 hotels in Duluth
Duluth, Minnesota
“Excellent Hotel. Highly Recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

This fairly new Sheraton meets or exceeds all expectations. Rates may be somewhat above
downtown motels (there are no other hotels as such) but are reasonable. This is about 3/4 mi. from the Canal Park lakefront, easily accessible by car or bus. Parking ramp is connected to the hotel. Unless you really demand a lakefront location, this should be your choice while visiting Duluth and vicinity.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Doug B, Director of Sales at Sheraton Duluth Hotel, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Dear Outsider33,
Thank you for your kind comments regarding our hotel, I am glad we were able to exceed your expectations.
We feel fortunate for our location and our amenities, so it is exciting to hear that you enjoyed them.
Thank you again for your review, and we will look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to Duluth.

221 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

We had a nice 2 day stay at the Sheraton Duluth Hotel last weekend. The facility is very clean with a very friendly staff. There were only a couple minor issues I had with the place. First off, the car park is quite a hike from the hotel itself, requiring loads of walking and multiple elevator trips. Again, this was a minor problem for us, as everything we did while in town was withing reasonable walking distance. The second slight disturbance was the lack of in room amenities such as a mini fridge and microwave. This didn't bother me too much, I just found it odd for a Sheraton property to not have these things. Other than those minor quarrels, I would recommend this hotel to others if given the opportunity.

Room Tip: Opt for the lake view if possible, It can be quite a breathtaking sunrise.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear charliebrown22,
Thank you for your review of your stay with us, this type of detailed feedback is extremely helpful in our continued improvements.
It is great to hear that our team was able to exceed your expectations from a service standpoint, and I will gladly share your comments with them.
I understand your concerns in regards to the amenities in your room, and I encourage you to reach out to me directly for your next reservation, as we do have a variety of rooms to choose from, and I would be happy to ensure we pick the one which best suits your needs. I can be reached directly at 218-336-2719.
Thank you again for your comments, and we will look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to Duluth.

Thunder Bay, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

I cannot recall the last hotel where it took 22 mins to get from the carpark to the room. This one did! No signage, pull up in front, get told to use the public carpark at the rear of the block, airwalk back to the hotel, single elevator (8 mins wait as someone had jammed lower doors open with a hotel luggage cart) walk through lower hotel back to reception, then up another elevator, find room swipe keys did not work - unforgiveable - head back down and repeat. Lovely after a long day.

Staff were stuffy and aloof, especially front-desk. With one exception - the shuttle guy was just great and got us to and from our restaurant despite 9,000+ hockey fans filling the hotel and demanding his services. 10/10 there, but nowhere else. Room was classy but very, very dark with an overpowering smell (stench) of furniture polish. Despite a requested late check-out, I was just glad to get out of it into the fresh air by 9am(!)

If I had paid anything like rack-rate I would have felt cheated. Only reason we chose it was because we had points to use. Next time, I'd stay somewhere warm, friendly and pleasant like the Canal Park Lodge we have used several times before.

Bellissio's at Canal Park was a GREAT place to eat. Also the Fitgers brew-pub has a great late-night atmosphere and is a couple of minutes walk.

Room Tip: The higher the better. And facing the lake.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Doug B, Director of Sales at Sheraton Duluth Hotel, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear ToodleooCaribou,
Thank you for the feedback you have provided. This level of detail is important for us so we know exactly how we can improve for future experiences.

Please allow me to address a couple of your concerns. I regret that you had difficulties getting from the parking ramp to your room, this is not the typical experience and I am sorry to hear you were disappointed. I am however, glad our shuttle driver was able to exceed your expectations. I will share your comments with our team to ensure we are able to provide the best service possible moving forward.

Since you have mentioned a number of other items in your review, I would welcome the opportunity to speak to you in more detail to learn how you feel we could improve our overall services. You can reach me at 218-336-2719. I look forward to hearing from you.

Warm regards

Sheboygan, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at the Sheraton Duluth, a quality hotel in downtown overlooking Lake Superior. The location is walking distance from several restaurants, a casino, and the lakefront walking path. A free shuttle is provided to the surrounding area. Parking is in a parking structure behind the hotel, connected to the hotel by a skywalk. The staff was profesional. Our well furnished room was good sized and quiet. The bathroom was nice. The club floor has a large lounge open 24 hours with a good buffet breakfast in the morning and a tasty selection of hors d’oeuvres in the afternoon. Duluth is an interesting city making a transformation. This hotel is a good place to stay while in the city.

Room Tip: Pay the extra amount for a room that faces the water.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear WIRobert,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about our hotel, I am glad to hear you enjoyed your time with us.
We feel thankful that we are in such a convenient location, and it is great that you took advantage of our shuttle. Stay tuned for more improvements to our community as we grow and transform.

Detroit Lakes, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

This is a truly beautiful facility but the edges of the halls and rooms need a good cleaning. The rooms are large and well decorated and the hotel has a great location in the downtown. There is a great little Irish Pub right across the street and lots of shops within walking distance.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Doug B, Director of Sales at Sheraton Duluth Hotel, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Dear strange,
Thank you for your comments about our hotel. We feel fortunate for to be in our location, and I am glad you find our building beautiful. I appreciate your feedback regarding our hallways, I will pass that along to our team, and we will have it rectified prior to your return.
Thank you again for your review, we will look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

I just stayed at the Sheraton in Duluth, Minnesota. The facility was nice. The staff was disappointing. The rate was quite high for the location. Checked in and was asked if I wanted to join the reward program. The staff member checking me in indicated that although my rate already included internet service I would be "leaving a lot of points on the table' if I did not sign up so I signed up. The front desk clerk at the next station was offering free internet or a $5. voucher for the restaurant. Went to the room and discovered that we were facing directly into the parking ramp. When I went back to the desk to say that I was certain I was supposed to be in a room overlooking the lake the same staff person looked at my reservation and said that there was a mistake and moved us to another room overlooking the lake. Later I went back to the desk to ask about breakfast(supposed to be included with my room rate) and decided to ask about the $5. voucher others were being offered. I received my breakfast voucher and a voucher for $5. at the restaurant. I got the feeling that they were hoping that I would just take what I was given and not question anything. I do not feel that I should have had to seek out what I had already paid for. It appeared that the staff person (Steven) was helping others with how to do things so not a question of his being new or unfamiliar. Each time they looked in the system the information was there so not a question of the person making the reservation making errors. Just did not feel like we were welcome at this hotel. Expected a much higher level of service, disappointed.

Room Tip: Insist on lake view or you will be looking into the parking ramp.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear socaliforniamom,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your experience with us, I am sorry we did not meet your expectations. Our goal is to offer world class service and you mentioned several encounters where this was not the case. I would welcome the opportunity to hear more about your stay, so please feel free to contact me at 218-336-2719 if you would like to discuss this further.
Thank you again for your comments, I will share them with our team so that we may learn from them and improve during your next visit.

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

I was in Duluth for a week for a conference. The Sheraton was excellent. Clean rooms and facilities. The hot-tub and pool were nice (though don't expect to swim laps, it's tiny). The fitness center had 3 treadmills 2 bikes, lots of free weights a band type weight system (though the weights aren't marked so it's hard to judge how many to add/remove), yoga mats/balls, 2 ellipticals; very nice compared to most hotels. It's in easy walking distance of some great restaurants, shops, the beach, the arena and the aquarium. All of our meals were out or at the conference facility next door. That facility was incredible and the food was decent-excellent depending on the day.

Room Tip: They have a lot of rooms that look-out over roofs and parking decks. I couldn't tell you which...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear blindedbyscience,
Thank you for your review of your experience with us. Being away from home for work can be difficult, so I am glad to hear you enjoyed your time in Duluth for your conference. We are proud of our fitness facility, and you are correct that it is has more to offer than most hotels our size. It is great that you made it to several of our communities treasures, and I will share your comments with our neighbors at the Greysolon Plaza.
Whether it is for business or pleasure, we will look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to Duluth.

Director of Sales & Marketing

Been to Sheraton Duluth Hotel? Share your experiences!