“Nice, modern hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 32 Hotels in Duluth
Sheboygan, WI
“Nice, modern hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at the Sheraton Duluth, a quality hotel in downtown overlooking Lake Superior. The location is walking distance from several restaurants, a casino, and the lakefront walking path. A free shuttle is provided to the surrounding area. Parking is in a parking structure behind the hotel, connected to the hotel by a skywalk. The staff was profesional. Our well furnished room was good sized and quiet. The bathroom was nice. The club floor has a large lounge open 24 hours with a good buffet breakfast in the morning and a tasty selection of hors d’oeuvres in the afternoon. Duluth is an interesting city making a transformation. This hotel is a good place to stay while in the city.

Room Tip: Pay the extra amount for a room that faces the water.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Doug B, Director of Sales at Sheraton Duluth Hotel, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear WIRobert,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about our hotel, I am glad to hear you enjoyed your time with us.
We feel thankful that we are in such a convenient location, and it is great that you took advantage of our shuttle. Stay tuned for more improvements to our community as we grow and transform.
Thank you again for your review, and we will look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to Duluth.

Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Detroit Lakes, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

This is a truly beautiful facility but the edges of the halls and rooms need a good cleaning. The rooms are large and well decorated and the hotel has a great location in the downtown. There is a great little Irish Pub right across the street and lots of shops within walking distance.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Doug B, Director of Sales at Sheraton Duluth Hotel, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Dear strange,
Thank you for your comments about our hotel. We feel fortunate for to be in our location, and I am glad you find our building beautiful. I appreciate your feedback regarding our hallways, I will pass that along to our team, and we will have it rectified prior to your return.
Thank you again for your review, we will look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

I just stayed at the Sheraton in Duluth, Minnesota. The facility was nice. The staff was disappointing. The rate was quite high for the location. Checked in and was asked if I wanted to join the reward program. The staff member checking me in indicated that although my rate already included internet service I would be "leaving a lot of points on the table' if I did not sign up so I signed up. The front desk clerk at the next station was offering free internet or a $5. voucher for the restaurant. Went to the room and discovered that we were facing directly into the parking ramp. When I went back to the desk to say that I was certain I was supposed to be in a room overlooking the lake the same staff person looked at my reservation and said that there was a mistake and moved us to another room overlooking the lake. Later I went back to the desk to ask about breakfast(supposed to be included with my room rate) and decided to ask about the $5. voucher others were being offered. I received my breakfast voucher and a voucher for $5. at the restaurant. I got the feeling that they were hoping that I would just take what I was given and not question anything. I do not feel that I should have had to seek out what I had already paid for. It appeared that the staff person (Steven) was helping others with how to do things so not a question of his being new or unfamiliar. Each time they looked in the system the information was there so not a question of the person making the reservation making errors. Just did not feel like we were welcome at this hotel. Expected a much higher level of service, disappointed.

Room Tip: Insist on lake view or you will be looking into the parking ramp.
Dear socaliforniamom,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your experience with us, I am sorry we did not meet your expectations. Our goal is to offer world class service and you mentioned several encounters where this was not the case. I would welcome the opportunity to hear more about your stay, so please feel free to contact me at 218-336-2719 if you would like to discuss this further.
Thank you again for your comments, I will share them with our team so that we may learn from them and improve during your next visit.

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

I was in Duluth for a week for a conference. The Sheraton was excellent. Clean rooms and facilities. The hot-tub and pool were nice (though don't expect to swim laps, it's tiny). The fitness center had 3 treadmills 2 bikes, lots of free weights a band type weight system (though the weights aren't marked so it's hard to judge how many to add/remove), yoga mats/balls, 2 ellipticals; very nice compared to most hotels. It's in easy walking distance of some great restaurants, shops, the beach, the arena and the aquarium. All of our meals were out or at the conference facility next door. That facility was incredible and the food was decent-excellent depending on the day.

Room Tip: They have a lot of rooms that look-out over roofs and parking decks. I couldn't tell you which...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear blindedbyscience,
Thank you for your review of your experience with us. Being away from home for work can be difficult, so I am glad to hear you enjoyed your time in Duluth for your conference. We are proud of our fitness facility, and you are correct that it is has more to offer than most hotels our size. It is great that you made it to several of our communities treasures, and I will share your comments with our neighbors at the Greysolon Plaza.
Whether it is for business or pleasure, we will look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to Duluth.

Iowa City, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

This is the second time I stayed at this hotel, and was as satisfied as the first time. We were upgraded to a corner suite with fireplace, with a nice view of the lake. Upon check-in, the infant crib we requested was already in the room. Staff are very nice, and helped us move the luggage.

The rooms were spacious, and furniture was of high quality. Lounge was nice, although the breakfast and snacks were a little to simple.

Nothing beats the lakeview, of course. We were glad to have had that.

Room Tip: Lakeview is necessary.
Dear charlesdwang,
Thank you for your comments about your return visit to Duluth, I am glad you enjoyed your time with us. We are proud of our decor and it is great that you appreciate it. We strive to offer world class service, so I am pleased to hear that our staff was able to exceed your expectations.
Thank you for this review, and we will look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit.

Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Stayed about a month after my initial stay. This time with my children. Made sure to upgrade to a larger room since I have 3 children. The room was very spacious with a pullout sofa and two double beds. View faced the city so not attractive. I'm a Starwood Gold member, so I was upgraded to the Club level which has evening hor d'oeuvres and breakfast (nicer than normal continental, but not full). Not fancy and kids welcome. For the price, good and good location. Short walk across to Canal Park. As a Gold member, I expected the front desk to know of my upgrade but I had to remind her. I left feedback on the hotel's website and the hotel manager promply responded saying he would address the issue. Let the kids swim in the pool. Quite small but served the purpose.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear coldStPaul,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, and thank you for choosing us again. As a Gold Level SPG member, your feedback and satisfaction are extremely important to us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the Club Level of the hotel and the additional amenities it provides.
We will look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to Duluth, and thank you again for your comments about your experience with us.

Duluth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

The hotel staff was welcoming. We stayed here because of the close proximity to the hospital and the hotel offered a medical rate. The room was very nice and a very comfortable bed. We would stay here again whether or not we are in town for medical reasons.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Doug B, Director of Sales at Sheraton Duluth Hotel, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear Barbara G,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review our hotel, I am glad you enjoyed yourself while you were here.
I will share your comments with our staff and we will look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel during your next visit to Duluth.

Director of Sales & Marketing

Been to Sheraton Duluth Hotel? Share your experiences!