“Good 2nd time around” 4 of 5 stars

Book Early and Save
Ranked #11 of 32 hotels in Duluth
“Good 2nd time around”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Stayed about a month after my initial stay. This time with my children. Made sure to upgrade to a larger room since I have 3 children. The room was very spacious with a pullout sofa and two double beds. View faced the city so not attractive. I'm a Starwood Gold member, so I was upgraded to the Club level which has evening hor d'oeuvres and breakfast (nicer than normal continental, but not full). Not fancy and kids welcome. For the price, good and good location. Short walk across to Canal Park. As a Gold member, I expected the front desk to know of my upgrade but I had to remind her. I left feedback on the hotel's website and the hotel manager promply responded saying he would address the issue. Let the kids swim in the pool. Quite small but served the purpose.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Doug B, Director of Sales at Sheraton Duluth Hotel, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Dear coldStPaul,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, and thank you for choosing us again. As a Gold Level SPG member, your feedback and satisfaction are extremely important to us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the Club Level of the hotel and the additional amenities it provides.
We will look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to Duluth, and thank you again for your comments about your experience with us.

219 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Duluth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

The hotel staff was welcoming. We stayed here because of the close proximity to the hospital and the hotel offered a medical rate. The room was very nice and a very comfortable bed. We would stay here again whether or not we are in town for medical reasons.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Doug B, Director of Sales at Sheraton Duluth Hotel, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear Barbara G,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review our hotel, I am glad you enjoyed yourself while you were here.
I will share your comments with our staff and we will look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel during your next visit to Duluth.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

We stayed here in Sept 2013 and were very happy. The staff was SO welcoming of our small dog, giving her all kinds of praise and treats. The property was clean and very well maintained, with a VERY comfy bed and large, pretty bathrooms. You'll pay a bit more for a stay here than you may other Duluth hotels, but I think it's worth it. They really go out of their way to make you comfortable. Totally recommend this hotel if you need a place to stay in Duluth!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Doug B, Director of Sales at Sheraton Duluth Hotel, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear Ca-lammity,
Thank you so much for your kind comments regarding our property, I am glad to hear you found our hotel to be comfortable. I am especially glad to hear that our staff made a difference, and exceeded your expectations.
We will look forward to welcoming you (and your best friend) during your next visit to Duluth.

Doug Bremer
Director of Sales & Marketing.
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed on the 5th floor on the lake side. The view was great! We chose the Sheraton because it is pet friendly. We didn't have a dog sitter and had to bring the Westies along on our trip. The room was freshly decorated with comfortable beds and a flat screen tv. The staff was great! They remembered our special day with truffles and a card! The hotel is walking distance from Canal Park. We met friends for drinks in the park. The weather was perfect. We enjoyed a swim in the heated pool and a soak in the hot tub. Big city trappings in Duluth! We felt very spoiled.

Room Tip: The lake side was nice. It was quiet on the 5th floor. It is a preferred floor and usually doesn...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Jean M,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and congratulations on your 30th Anniversary.
I am really happy that we could share in the celebration, and that our team and our hotel exceeded your expectations.
You deserve to feel spoiled and we hope we can share in your celebration for years to come.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The pros: We were on the club floor with a beautiful lake view. Close to the very nice lake walk and within walking distance of Canal Park. Comfortable bed, nice shower. Staff was friendly and helpful.

Cons: Rate of almost $300 w/tax on the weekend is very expensive for what you get. Getting to the parking lot is a lot of up and down through many doors. The area is somewhat questionable at night. Our room had a grease stain in front of chair, linens on bed were washed but stained and needed bleaching. Bathroom is large but has little storage and the doors are awkward and loud when opening and closing. Blankets are too warm... I was hot with them on and cold with them off ....need to add a lighter one.

The hotel is fairly new but could have been designed better overall. Club lounge felt dark (shades were actually down in the morning - I need bright and cheery when I wake up). Felt the entire hotel was dark and could be lightened up.

We would stay here again but only in a lake side club room as we really did enjoy it despite the cons. Duluth is a beautiful, unique city and this hotel is right in the middle of all of it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Boardwalk2003,
Thank you for your feedback about your stay with us, and I am glad our staff was able to make the difference for you. This type of detailed response is exactly what we need in order to improve for the future. I will share your comments with our team so that we can keep a closer eye out for blemishes in the room.
Thank you again for your review, and we will look forward to your next visit to Duluth.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

The positives: The hotel is very nice. The room was clean, the furniture looked new, there were plenty of pillows, the location is very convenient. We were there for a wedding at the Greysolon Ballroom in the building next to it - the Greysolon is accessible by skyway but it is just a short walk across the street. There is public parking in the ramp behind the hotel and the hotel will validate your ticket - there was plenty of parking available. The room we had was on the 6th floor (club level) and it was quiet throughout the night. The bathroom in our suite was stocked with shaving cream, a loofah, mouth wash, body wash, shampoo and conditioner.

The negatives: The beds were kind of hard, the bathroom in the suite we had (2 double beds and a queen sleeper sofa) was like a home bathroom where the sink, mirror, toilet, and tub/shower were all in one room - made it difficult to have 6 people get ready in the morning. Also the bathroom door didn't have a lock on it - it had two French-style doors that when closed still had a gap in the middle which didn't feel very private. I also thought it was a bit expensive compared to other similar hotels.

Overall though this was a great hotel and I would recommend it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Lina6878,
Thank you for the great feedback you have provided. This level of detail is important for us so we know exactly how we can improve for future experiences.

I am glad you enjoyed yourself while you were in Duluth, it sounds like you were part of a great celebration. I am sorry to hear that our beds and bathroom arrangement did not meet your expectations, I can certainly appreciate your point of view. I am however, thrilled to hear that our location and the condition of the hotel were acceptable, and that we have your recommendation for future stays.

Thank you again for your comments, we will look forward to your return.

Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

My first visit to Duluth. Two nights in this fairly new property. Nicest Sheraton I've ever been in. I tend to avoid the brand due to horrible experiences in the 80's and 90's. My room was on 3rd floor on front side of building along Superior Street. Avoid that side of the building if you like to sleep! There is an Irish pub across the street and they patron hang on the sidewalk to smoke and they get rowdy! I was there on a Monday and Tuesday night and it was impossible to sleep, can't imagine what it is like on a weekend. But I had a nice lake view. That's the tradeoff. If you value quiet over view, specify a room on the backside. Traffic noise was an issue as well, lots of Harley's around here, and the 5am dumpster run didn't help either.

Room Tip: Rooms in back should be quieter.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Doug B, Director of Sales at Sheraton Duluth Hotel, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Dear Doug M,

Thank you for writing these comment about your time with us, your suggestions will prove to be helpful to future guests. I am sorry you experienced excess noise during your stay, it is an infrequent incident and I regret you were disturbed. We hope you will choose us again during future visits to Duluth, and I will be happy to make your next reservation personally. Please feel free to call me at 218-336-2719 so that we can ensure we find a room that works well for you.
Thank you again for your review of our hotel, we will look forward to reconnecting with you soon.

Sheraton Duluth Hotel

Been to Sheraton Duluth Hotel? Share your experiences!