“Love this hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Fridley, Minnesota
“Love this hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

This hotel was exceptional from start to finish. I booked a King room on the "club level" online and it was not what I had expected (purely my fault). I went back to the front desk and asked about available rooms. Ryan was very accommodating and found us the room we were looking for (fridge, fireplace, whirlpool, lake view and still on the club level) for our 2 night stay. The lounge was a nice place to grab something to drink or eat when needed. The workout facilities were roomy and had the necessary equipment for a good workout. I did not have time to use the pool. However, I did check out the temperature of the water which was pleasant but the hot tub needed a little work (tiles were missing). The parking was free and located behind the hotel. We were within walking distance of everything downtown and very close to the lake walk. Our room view was the best part of our stay besides the service!

Room Tip: Lake view is the only way to go and "club level" is worth the extra money!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Karen P, General Manager at Sheraton Duluth Hotel, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Kristin J,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am delighted to hear Ryan was able to find you the perfect accommodations. We value your input and are always looking for ways to learn and grow. Please know it is important to us that our property stay looking sharp. I would imagine if you returned down the road you will find our whirlpool refreshed and looking its best, we certainly acknowledge your comment. Again, thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back when you return to Duluth.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
New Orleans LA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

What a treat!!!! Clean - comfy - great staff - Club Room upstairs is staffed by young professionals who made our four night stay that much nicer. Parking a breeze and convenient - but it's a short walk away. Great way to start the day. If you can get a lake-side room with view - WOW!!!! Lake Superior is just that.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear TWINPORTS,

Thank you for sharing your review with us. To hear your stay was everything you had hoped for is exactly what we hope to accomplish with each of our guests. Our housekeeping associates will certainly have smiles on their faces knowing you noticed their efforts. Your comment about our Club Lounge attendants, many of whom are college students and our future budding professionals, will certainly reinforce their efforts to connect with our guests. And we couldn't agree more about the splendors of Lake Superior! No matter the season that lake seems to always be a show stopper. We are delighted your stay was excellent and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

This must be the fifth or sixth time we've stayed at this Sheraton. Three kids, two 60 pound dogs, mom and dad. This place works for us on so many levels. First, I have travelled a lot for work (Delta Platinum Elite) and I am very fussy about my hotel bed. These beds meet my expectations: great mattress, great sheets, great big feather comforter. I SLEEP when we stay here. Secondly, the staff are professional, helpful and seemingly always smiling. Josh the barman poured me three sample sips of wine to help me choose my gorgeous delicious Meritage with dinner. Sonia the club concierge lent me her tray to bring the kids OJ and hot cocoa in the morning. Jenny at the front desk was just generally competent and cheerful. I don't know who trains this staff, but they are doing a fabulous job. Third must have: the place is clean. Crazy, fabulous, really clean. All I've travelled, I have got to have clean, and this Sheraton has always been wonderful. Extra cool stuff: I love the retro tile in the bathrooms, I love that you are half a block from the lakewalk so you can easily take the woofities out for a walk in the morning, I love the espresso maker in the club lounge. Iffy: Shampoo is low quality, bring your own. The skywalk from the parking lot is long, but at this point in our comfort level with the place the kids and dogs use it as a space to run after having been cooped up in the car. The neighborhood is not St. Germaine, but it's not awful either; I was comfortable walking with the dogs and my kid in the morning. If you want to bring he family pet or if you just want the charm of Duluth without staying in the madness that is Canal Park, this is your place.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Karen P, General Manager at Sheraton Duluth Hotel, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Dear Marriedtenplusyrs,

You fill our spirits with enthusiasm and a reason to keep striving with this review! The associates who work here strives to deliver exceptional service and yet we know there is always opportunities to grow and do even better. However, moments like this that gives us a chance to pause and celebrate the hard work. Thank you for taking the time to acknowledge our associates, especially those who truly made a difference. Thank you for choosing to stay with us when traveling to Duluth. I hope the next time you are here I get to thank you in person as well.
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

This is not the nicest Sheraton that we have experienced. The location is not the best for walking to things. The neighborhood is a bit scarey. We always ask for a quiet room and the first room they gave us was right across the hall from both the elevator and the ice machine. We asked to move and we were placed in a quieter room. I guess they just ignored the first request. The next room was not quite clean. I will not go into detail but will say that the bathroom needed to be cleaned - gross!
There is a Hampton Inn down by the Riverwalk that looks nice. Have no idea what it is like inside but the location alone is so much better. If I ever had to return to Duluth, I would give the Hampton a try.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Karen P, General Manager at Sheraton Duluth Hotel, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Yogadaph,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and your experience. I have shared your concerns for safety with our Greater Downtown Council and the Clean and Safe Team who work very closely with the DPD. I am confident in saying; we all want you to feel safe while traveling to Duluth. Your review doesn't stop there however. Feedback is our opportunity to reinforce and celebrate the things we do well or an opportunity to learn, change and grow. Your feedback regarding our failure to meet your cleanliness expectation will be shared with our housekeeping team. What a great opportunity to learn, change and grow you've provided. I'm confident should you choose to stay with us the next time you are in Duluth, you will experience our growth through feedback.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

The Sheraton is a lovely hotel right in downtown Duluth that welcomes our doggie "best pals." The amenities are great and the restaurant is one of the best in the area. The only negative is that it is a long walk from the parking ramp into the hotel (through a skyway). This was not a problem for me, but I had to drop off and pick up my handicapped husband off at the front door each time.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Holly C,
Thank you for your kind review! Traveling with "all" of the family is important to a lot of our guests so I'm happy to hear this was a fitting opportunity for you. Chef Kevin Ilenda, is a rising star in the Duluth area and we are so fortunate to have him here. Just this week we introduced Sheraton Social Hour (you can check it out on Facebook or Twitter) so yet another reason to come back and try some of Chef Kevin's new appetizers. Although we can't shorten the walk from the ramp to the hotel we are usually very thankful for the skyway connection and covered parking during the long snowy season in Duluth. Again, thank you for your review and we hope to see you many more times!
Minneapolis, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

After my stay there, a week later than the hotel charge on my CC, I get another charge on my CC for an additional night stay. After 4 calls over a week and a half in which I was continually transferred to the manager's voicemail and assured he would return my calls, I finally got him to answer. He said that it looks like they put me down for 2 reservations for a room for one of the nights by accident and charged me for a no show. Honestly the first time I have heard of charging for a no show, especially on a weekday. He said it would be refunded that day. 2 weeks have gone by without seeing it yet and being sent to voicemail yet again. You might want to think twice about staying here. There are plenty of other decent hotels in Duluth that have to have better customer service.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
rugbybry,
Please know that your review is taken seriously. I do agree the mix up should never have taken so long to reverse and make right. Please know, your feedback is an opportunity for me to follow up with our team on the importance of prompt and timely follow through. Also, please know this is not our normal standard of operations and your review has been shared with our team. Each and every guest is important to us. Problems or service breakdowns can be addressed and fixed if they are known. Thank you for sharing and making me aware of your experience. I hope you will give us a try again and will be able to share with me a noticeable improvement. Thank you for the opportunity to learn and grow and a sincere apology for the inconveniences placed on you by our team.
Minneapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

My wife and I spent two night last week in the Sheraton. We have stayed at other hotels in Duluth, but this one exceeds the others. The room was clean. Everything was in excellent condition. There was Starbucks coffee in the room. The shower in the bathroom was expecially nice. It was quiet. We stayed on the club floor where wifi was included. A complementary continental breakfast and evening hors d'oeuvres were available in the lounge on the club floor. The lounge was also available 24 hours which was wonderful, because I am a very early riser while my wife likes to sleep in. A bonus was a beautiful view of Lake Superior and the lift bridge. The staff were helpful, patient and very courteous. We stayed at this hotel about a year ago and we were delighted it provided the same high standard of excellence as our last visit. We will be back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the lake. If at all possible, stay on the club floor (6th floor).
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
skr33ch,
Delighted to share your review with our team here! We often talk about the importance of delivering excellent service all the time, over and over and your review supports the exact reason why we say this. The next time you are in Duluth and staying with us, I hope I have an opportunity to thank you in person for your review and your belief in our team and service.

Been to Sheraton Duluth Hotel? Share your experiences!