“sailing with my girlfriends--Moon Shadow” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 18 Activities in Duluth
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Moon Shadow Sailing offers sailing experiences on Lake Superior and the Duluth-Superior Harbor. Step aboard our comfortable and fully equipped sailboats to explore a corner of the world’s largest fresh water lake or the nation’s most inland ocean port.
Andover, Minnesota
“sailing with my girlfriends--Moon Shadow”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

The captain and everyone in charge were top notch. This was an outing of several school girlfriends who recently retired from playing on a softball team together. What next better things to do but head to Duluth for a weekend full of laughter and fun. The afternoon sunshine and the good conversation and history of Lake Superior and the shoreline homes was amazing. I would recommend this excursion to anyone. Captain Kay even let each of us sail.

thanks for an amazing afternoon.

Visited July 2013

Duluth, Minnesota
“ALS on the Water”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I was recently diagnosed with ALS and have been encouraged to focus on what I can do at the present. Sailing has been a life long dream for me so its now or never. I told Moon Shadow about my condition and the Captain was most accommodating when I arrived a the pier. We
had an excellent experience with Kay as our capable, personable and safe captain. The boat was always under control. The equipment was ship shape, in good condition and neat. I took my daughter from S. Cal and her boyfriend from Edmonton; both first time sailors. They really enjoyed themselves sitting out by the bow being romantic etc.. Kay and I are old time Duluth people, both teachers and had a grand time chatting. She is a good sailing teacher too.
So thanks for the great service. I'll be back just at the end of the season with my girl friend this time, from Colorado. We are thinking of buying a sail boat for next season.
Not big like yours. A cat boat around 17' or so for the St. Louis bay would do us.
See you soon,
John Becker

Visited September 2013
Grand Forks, North Dakota
“A sail on Makena in September”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

My girlfriend and I had recently enjoyed an excellent and exciting sail on the Sunset Cruise with Dave Johnson and his son Cody. Even though there was a bit of rain, the trip was still pleasant and memorable. Dave and his son were respectful, courteous, knowledgeable and skilled at both sailing and customer service. I highly recommend this to anyone that wants to experience and learn about sailing or to anyone that just wants to indulge in some wine and enjoy the beautiful views of Duluth from the lake.

Visited September 2013
“Wonderful Sail...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We scheduled an sunset sail on Lake Superior for our anniversary. This was my husband's first time to go sailing. Our experience with Moon Shadow Sailing was exceptional, from first phone call to schedule trip to getting back on land after wonderful evening. Our captain, Dave, was awesome. Very easy going, funny, and just all around great guy. Although the lake was a little rough, our experience was wonderful! We plan to go back and do it again next time we are in Minnesota. Thanks guys for a wonderful memory.

Visited August 2013
Duluth, Minnesota
“What a great time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We had a great time on our cruise with Captain Dave! My parents came to town for the first time and it was the perfect way to introduce them to Duluth. We are had a blast! I really appreciated the convenience of the online booking!! Thanks again, guys!

Visited August 2013