“This place was AWFUL!” 1 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #33 of 226 restaurants in Duluth
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Doing business, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: This is fine dining for everyone. A place where you'll find a favorite dish and a dining experience that fits your personality. All Black Woods restaurants feature a full bar and Happy Hour specials. Visit us in Duluth, Proctor or Two Harbors.
“This place was AWFUL!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

My partner and I were in the Duluth area and decided to try this restaurant. She used to live in the area and said she used to love this place. When we walked in, there was a wait, so we were given a pager and told it would take 15-20 minutes. We decided to go to the bar for a drink and after about a half hour, the bartender went to go check on our table. When she came back, our pager suddenly went off. Once we were seated, we realized we were forgotten about as there were no other patrons around us.

After waiting about 10 more minutes, our server finally came over to introduce herself, then "give us more time with the menu". We said we were ready to order and gave her our order. While she was walking away, another server came around the corner and our server said, "oh, no. I just got them, don't worry about it." So, we were forgotten about again.

When our food came it was pretty ridiculous. My partner got the pan fried walleye for $23, and the portion size was tiny. She had one strip of fish with a small handful of "steamed" (raw) vegetables and a lump of mashed potatoes. I ordered the stuffed pork medallions. They were stuffed with Stove Top Stuffing, and my mashed potatoes were cold along with my "steamed" veggies. All in all, we will never go back.

Perkins is down the block. I hate that place too, but at least you know what you're paying for.

Katie M, Marketing Director at Black Woods Grill & Bar, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you for your honesty and feedback. We would appreciate an opportunity to speak with you directly about your experience. At Black Woods, it is our mission to exceed every guests' expectations. Our sincere apologies for your experience - we would appreciate discussing this with you to further. Please contact me at katiem@blackwoods.com

Thank you.

74% Recommend
“Very Good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

The food choices are excellent and the meals are very tasty. Our waitress, Summer gave us excellent service and was very attentive to detail.

Thank you for your feedback and for visiting Black Woods! We greatly appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again soon!
“Great atmosphere, Delicious food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Portions were generous and the food very tasty. I had the ribs and rotisserie chicken and it just fell off the bone. The place was packed and we had to wait a bit, but the bar staff was friendly and accomodating.

Visited October 2013
Katie M, Marketing Director at Black Woods Grill & Bar, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Thank you so much for your review! We greatly appreciate your stop to our local business. Thank you for waiting to dine with us - we look forward to having you back again soon!
Sioux Falls
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

I find a lot of my restaurants on tripadvisor and this one didn't let me down. I had the Ahi Tuna and it was done perfectly, not overcooked like I frequently get. Flavorful sauce and vegetable accompanied the meal. Nice view from restaurant even if it wan't right on the lake. Others in my dining party loved there food as well.

Visited October 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We greatly appreciate your business to Black Woods and look forward to seeing you again soon!
Dallas, Texas
“Delicious!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Black Woods popped up on TripAdvisor as being near our location as we traveled through town, so we decided to give it a try for lunch. We were pleased - the atmosphere is cozy, the food delicious, the service efficient, and the prices were reasonable. There's also a great view of Lake Superior.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Katie M, Marketing Director at Black Woods Grill & Bar, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thank you so much for your review! We are so thankful you stopped at Black Woods while in Duluth. We hope to see you again on your travels!

The Black Woods Team

Been to Black Woods Grill & Bar? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Black Woods Grill & Bar, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.