“Best Pizza I've ever had!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Best Pizza I've ever had!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

I have been stopping here on my way north for almost 15 years. Stop a couple of times a month in the summer and have never been disappointed. The place has a few tables, but is mostly a carry-out place. They have always provided great service and makes the best thin crust pizza I have ever had, even compared to the other Sammy's in the chain.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Duluth, Minnesota
“We love our Neighborhood Sammy's”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

It been part of a # of our traditions over the yrs, football, day after Christmas and of course a few birthdays. The service is excellent, on time and usually hot. Oh and the best deal is the spaghetti meal for 4. Love those meatballs!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Superior, Wisconsin
“OLD SALT”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Duluth is a seafaring town with a great history of ships and shipping and sailors and sailing. Sammy's fits right in with it's 50-year tradition of serving Italian food. However, the one thing Sammy's could learn is that oversalting should be left to the ocean or the Salton Sea in SoCal. Lake Superior is, after all, "a fresh water sea in the middle of the continent" as Rudyard Kipling said.

Visited June 2013
Duluth, Minnesota, USA
“Duluth folks... not so sure about your tastes...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Sammy's is fine. Amazing? No. Want to support a small business and get something to eat? It's a good choice. It has a nice thin crust, but isn't really something to write home about. I've had pizza in Italy, New York, Chicago, and everywhere in between and I don't believe pizza needs to be a certain way to be good. I just view it as different kinds (I even have a place in my heart for frozen pizza). It is fine. A good stop by on the way home from work, but not somewhere I would want to eat for my birthday.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Mankato, Minnesota
“Great Pizza & Good Breadsticks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I loved having a website to order from, I disliked having a website with no phone numbers (including area code) to order from. I called to order to a hotel and the man on the phone was great when I'd asked for their specials.

I'd ordered a special where I got breadsticks for $0.99 when I ordered a large. They told me they'd be to the hotel in less then 45 minutes and they were. The delivery guy was nice and gracious when I tipped him.

Our pizza looked fantastic and tasted great also. It was still hot and not soggy. The crust could've been a little crispier and it'd have been a perfect pizza. The breadsticks were basic and served with a side of sauce. Nothing fancy but they were good.

I'd order from them again passing though town.

Visited January 2013