“Excellent, from start to finish” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 199 Restaurants in Duluth
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Organic, Vegetarian
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dessert, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
La Crosse, Wisconsin
“Excellent, from start to finish”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

We were given this restaurant by several locals as a suggestion for our last dinner in Duluth. That was a mistake. We should have went our first night in town so we could have gone back before we left town!! The place was busy, especially for a Weds night at 5 pm. Lots of locals. So expect to wait if you go for a later dinner, or on a weekend. I had the fish tacos. Very very good. Almost as good as the fish tacos I had while living on the East coast! My dining partner had the bison burger and it was also delicious. Our server was very friendly as were all the other staff. It was really neat to see the kitchen at work from the dining room, looking like a well-oiled machine. The restaurant is big on supporting local farmers, even growing some of their own produce in the parking lot! They are also in the process of putting in a rain garden this summer which will not only provide more produce, but help protect the local watershed. This is a restaurant with a purpose, and I love that. We also sampled one of their famous pies, key lime, it was also fantastic. Prices were very reasonable for the quality of the food. Would highly recommend this restaurant, it is one of my new favorites in Duluth!!!

• Visited June 2013

United States
“Cozy rainy day breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

This was such a cozy place. Great service. Piping hot coffee in pottery mugs. The eggs benedict was one of the best I have ever had. Organic eggs were delicious. Smoked salmon omelette was also very good. Definitely going back.

• Visited June 2013
Thunder Bay, Canada
“Great Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I had heard rumours that this was a good restaurant to eat at in Duluth and I read a review in the local magazine in the hotel room. We stopped in for lunch... it was very full, but we only had to wait about 10 minutes for a table.
The service was fast and friendly and the menu was extensive with vegetarian, vegan and gluten free options. I loved that the wait-staff had t-shirts that said "fresh organic produce straight from our parking lot" or something along those lines...they literally have a garden in the parking lot!
I can't wait to go back to Duluth to go here again and highly recommend it to all of my friends and anyone else!

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Wisconsin
“Yummy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

I tried the Duluth Grille from a recommendation from someone I know and my friend and I were really impressed. I had the turkey burger i ordered it medium well, so it wouldn't be dried out. Added tobasco sauce.....all I can say is yummy! The beer battered French fries were also delicious. I am not a fan of their "homemade ketchup" I am a Heinz girl. My friend got the Thai burger and the peanut sauce was tasty and she said it was a really good combination of items. We both loved that the restaurant supports local farmers.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Foley, Minnesota, United States
“yum. plain and simple.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We tried this place from a recommendation (then realized it was featured on triple D). I had Beer battered french fries, tender juicy beef topped with tasty fixings. My wife had the mac and cheese. We were spending a couple of days in Duluth so we hit this place again the next day cuz we had enjoyed it so much the day before. I could keep writing and writing but really there is nothing more I can say....the reviews are all raving, and we can't all be wrong. Just go there. You won't be disappointed.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Duluth Grill? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Duluth Grill, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.