“One of the Best Breakfasts Ever” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Vegetarian, Organic
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Late Night, Dessert
Minnesota
“One of the Best Breakfasts Ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

We ate here two mornings in a row on our trip to Duluth recently. I don't think I could have found a better breakfast in the city. I love that they use locally grown ingredients. I love just as much that they have many gluten free items on their menu, including, but not exclusively, GF toast, bagels and a yummy spice bread. The first morning, I had the delicously unique duck omelette. The second morning I had the breakfast stirfry (I think that's what it was called), which was basically a big baby spinach salad with some sauteed veggies and scrambled eggs on top. The coffee is also great. Only small complaint: my mom's French toast was cold the second morning. We were in a hurry to get on the road and didn't say anything to our server, so I can't attest to how they would have handled that, but the service was friendly.

90% Recommend
Fayetteville, Arkansas
“Long wait, but well worth it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

After reading all the great reviews on the Duluth Grill, we decided to eat breakfast there when we arrived into town. We had a long wait (about an hour), but it was worth the wait. We both started out with their home-made cinnamon rolls which were heavenly. I had the roasted red pepper, feta and pesto omelette which was truly amazing. It was busy, but service was pretty good, and food arrived in timely fashion. I could have eaten every meal there while in town. When I head back to Duluth, I will definitely go there again. It was superb!!

• Visited September 2012
Duluth, Minnesota
“Fantastic family restaurant using locally-grown natural food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

One of our very favorite places to eat! Family-run, and the family is always there, often out visiting with customers. Expect to wait as we in Duluth love this place. Their food is all great but I especially like the pancakes, the red flannel hash, and for dinner, the baked whitefish.

Fairfax, Virginia
“The Duluth Grill will make you smile!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We headed here for lunch after seeing it on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives. As is always the case in MN, the service was friendly and accommodating. We ordered the Scotch Eggs and the Duck Confit Omelet. We finished the meal with Apple Pie which was also very good.

The quality of the food was fantastic and it tasted great too! We don't have a gluten allergy but, if we did, this is where we would head as they have an extensive gluten-free selection on their menu too. We are looking forward to our return.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Thunder Bay, Canada
“our first DDD experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

finally we had the opportunity to visit one of diners drive inns and dives locations. and we will be back again when in the area. we stopped in for breakfast this past weekend. we were in duluth for some time away from home. we did a little shopping and had a couple of great meals, including this one at the duluth grill. our waitress Jill was very pleasant and attentive. great service. my wife and i both very much enjoyed our meals. only problem was, we didn't get to come back a second time. it is easily accessed off the main highway so you have no excuses not to go. and the prices were more than reasonable. i guarantee you will not be disappointed.

• 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Duluth Grill? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Duluth Grill, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.