“Breakfast with Local Flavor” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 199 Restaurants in Duluth
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Waukesha, Wisconsin
“Breakfast with Local Flavor”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Needing a quick, late breakfast on a Sunday morning, the friendly staff at Coney Island was hopping to get meals out quickly. A latte took a little longer than expected, but was excellent. Eggs & oatmeal showed up hot and tasty. The decor made the short wait interesting and the staff took the time to make us feel welcome. Would definitely recommend this spot for quick, delicious breakfast or sandwich.

Visited June 2013

Apple Valley, Minnesota
“It's an experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I had been told about this place & kinda didn't believe it was all that great, but like to try new things, so we went. It's an experience. It's a little "hole in the wall" that seems old & beat up as a means of ambience (go to the bathrooms and you'll see how modern the building actually is). We ordered coney's of course which turned out to be hot dogs with a mildly-spicy meat mixture on top plus onions and mustard. Surprisingly, they were good! My 8 yr old, asked for another, & ate the entire thing. I had mine with cheese...good also. My husband had a Philly steak sandwich, which he was was good, but nothing special. Considering our family of 6 ate for less than $25, I'd say it was a successful trip. We'll go again, next time we're in Duluth.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Grand Prairie, Texas
“Great place to eat or just take a break.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Started coming here in the 60's when Toney owned it. Rose made the dogs. Was great then as now. Was there last year and the people are still just as nice. A must stop when in Duluth. Maybe not a four star but a excellent place to get off your feet for a while and have a good meal.
D.J. MacNair

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Apple Valley, Minnesota
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worth the stop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

First time at Coney Island .... I was impressed. I had double Coney with cheese and was not disappointed. I want to know where they get their dogs!!!! Excellent flavor. Too full to try a gyro but according to my friend they are excellent. He's a regular. Very clean establishment with lots of room. I've been in the food business for 20 yrs and was impressed! Best kept secret in Duliuth? You tell me.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Lincoln, Nebraska
“Living History”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

This place has been around for a long time. Friendly staff, good food featuring coney and Chicago dogs, inexpensive, they also make a good breakfast but we never made it out of bed early enough for that. Within walking distance of Canal Park.

Visited May 2013