“Lack of customer service focus!” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
MN
“Lack of customer service focus!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Food is ok, what you'd expect in a diner like this. Complaints: No paper in toilets, no paper towels in restrooms. Overheard take out order where customer asked if there was ketchup, napkins, forks- No they didn't include them ...so I think they could do a bit to improve customer service on all fronts.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank kjhMN

Duluth, Minnesota
“Breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Went there for breakfast, it was very good. Service was excellent! Pleasantly surprised! Would go back again! Very reasonably priced!

Visited April 2013
Grand Marais, MN
“Kids wanted hot dogs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

We stopped here by chance since I had gone to the candy shop next door and my kids declared they wanted hot dogs for lunch. We loved the decor of the place and I loved ordering at the counter, no waiting for waitstaff with hungry kids. The prices were great, we got three hot dogs with fries, an italian and gyro. All very good but I wished I remembered the Italian had hot peppers! We will be coming back. Oh and my son loved the hot dog on the ceiling, he pointed it out for me.

• Visited April 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great Breakfast Spot & Quite Inexpensive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

This is a great little place to eat breakfast at if you are staying at one of the downtown hotels. Super cheap and good eggs/pancakes/etc. I have only had breakfast here, but I would guess lunch & dinner are good too. Not too many healthy options, but you probably won't go here if you are worried about that.

Visited January 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“This restaurant is perfect for a light lunch!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I stumbled upon this restaurant by accident while visiting Duluth. I love old fashioned, nostalgic atmosphere. I got the Coney Island original hot dog with fries and a drink for six dollars including the tip. How can you go wrong? Next time I visit Duluth, I will definitely go back. I can see why this restaurant has been around for ninety years.

• Visited October 2012