“Pleasant restaurant and delicious meal” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner
Minneapolis
“Pleasant restaurant and delicious meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

This place is way off the beaten tourist track for Duluth -- which was good, because we were in Duluth during MEA weekend and looking for an early dinner, and we struck out at the first four places we called for a reservation at 5 p.m.

The food was fantastic: I had the braised rabbit dish, which was DELICIOUS. I also sampled my daughter's hibiscus soda and was it was also really excellent. Service was friendly and attentive. I would absolutely go back the next time I'm in Duluth.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

78% Recommend
Duluth, Minnesota
“I liked it.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Bison burger, sweet potato fries. Different than other places. Good food. Alas, I cannot go as often as I would like due to food being on the pricier side.

• Visited November 2012
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Rabbit season!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

My mom & I dined on a Thursday afternoon, the food was great, the service fine and the price a bit much BUT that being said I'd go back in a heartbeat. Mom was thrilled to find braised rabbit on the menu and pronounced it delicious. I had a bowl of sausage/potato soup (3/5) and the house salad (5/5 and killer croutons). We finished off with a rhubarb custard pie topped with ice cream (8/8). Nice atmosphere (I wish the fireplace had been blazing) but I wasn't quite sure if the books were for sale or to read there. Everything was very fresh and it is a wonderful change from all the mediocre food we encounter on the road.

• Visited October 2013
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Make sure to come here for breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We make an effort to come here for breakfast whenever we come to Duluth. It's a nice-looking, casual space. The service is laid-back and no effort is made to get you to leave before you are ready to go - you can have a second cup of coffee and just relax for a bit. The food is not quite American standard -there are eggs and pancakes of course but delicious variations on the basic recipes.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Duluth, Minnesota
“I LOVE this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

There are lots of things I love about this place: the outdoor seating area, the locavore food, unique menu items, and really tasty coffee are the best. The prices are a bit high, and I have had a couple of service issues when the restaurant is really busy. On all three of those occassions, the waiter did not know we were there (hostess didn't communicate). But they have the BEST breakfast around, and I love that their food is mostly local. They even have gardens on site that grow produce for the restaurant. Also, they compost, which puts them higher on my list of great.

• Visited September 2013