“Rabbit season!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Rabbit season!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

My mom & I dined on a Thursday afternoon, the food was great, the service fine and the price a bit much BUT that being said I'd go back in a heartbeat. Mom was thrilled to find braised rabbit on the menu and pronounced it delicious. I had a bowl of sausage/potato soup (3/5) and the house salad (5/5 and killer croutons). We finished off with a rhubarb custard pie topped with ice cream (8/8). Nice atmosphere (I wish the fireplace had been blazing) but I wasn't quite sure if the books were for sale or to read there. Everything was very fresh and it is a wonderful change from all the mediocre food we encounter on the road.

• Visited October 2013

79% Recommend
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Make sure to come here for breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We make an effort to come here for breakfast whenever we come to Duluth. It's a nice-looking, casual space. The service is laid-back and no effort is made to get you to leave before you are ready to go - you can have a second cup of coffee and just relax for a bit. The food is not quite American standard -there are eggs and pancakes of course but delicious variations on the basic recipes.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Duluth, Minnesota
“I LOVE this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

There are lots of things I love about this place: the outdoor seating area, the locavore food, unique menu items, and really tasty coffee are the best. The prices are a bit high, and I have had a couple of service issues when the restaurant is really busy. On all three of those occassions, the waiter did not know we were there (hostess didn't communicate). But they have the BEST breakfast around, and I love that their food is mostly local. They even have gardens on site that grow produce for the restaurant. Also, they compost, which puts them higher on my list of great.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Minneapolis, MN
“Best Breakfast in Duluth”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

This is the breakfast place in Duluth hands down. You have to try the homemade cranberry wild rice bread that they use in the french toast, amazing. The chocolate chip/Banana pancakes are excellent, as are all the egg dishes. Highly recommended.

• Visited August 2013
“Loved this cafe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

I read the reviews on Trip Advisor and it looked like something we would enjoy...we were able to be seated outside...which we love in the summer. The fish tacos were awesome. The bakery items very tempting... Wonderful place...can't wait to go back.

Visited August 2013