“Dang It..........Couldn't Enjoy the outside deck” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #96 of 200 Restaurants in Duluth
Cuisines: American, Sandwiches, Delicatessen
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Buffet, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Description: The family friendly atmosphere at Grandma’s Sports Garden allows you to enjoy an interactive and entertaining dining room where it’s truly OK to bring the kids… and then act like one! It’s 20,000 square feet of sports, great food, and fun, accented by multiple flat screen TVs! It’s also full of games – arcades, a pool table, darts, air hockey – and the food is just as fun! Specialties include Bonottas (our version of the calzone), specialty burgers, hearth-baked sandwiches, chicken wings by the dozen and a seasonal features menu! Don't forget about the Sports Garden's Famous Saturday Buffet! At night, the Sports Garden becomes the perfect place to meet lots of fun people, whether it’s on the dance floor, at a concert, or a special event. Grandma's Sports Garden: ALWAYS a GREAT time!
Pewaukee
“Dang It..........Couldn't Enjoy the outside deck”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

THey had some sort of wedding or whatever gig going on on their upper level outdoor deck area so my work associate and I weren't able to go out there to enjoy the fresh air and scenery.

I had a bowl of soup, friend had fish dish, both were good portions and well presented, enjoyed a couple of nice cold Blue Moon's with dinner.

Would go back and would recommend it to others to try.

Visited August 2013

Albert Lea, Minnesota
“Pleasant surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

I had never heard of a Bonotta, but I will never forget it now. Hubby and I stopped for lunch after visiting the aquarium. We were going to each order the "House Bonotta" which sounded like what we know as a calzone. The waitress was kind enough to tell us how large this was so we decided to share it. This wonderful flaky crust was baked to perfection in the hearth. It was a golden brown. Cutting into it we found it stuffed full of Italian sausage, pepperoni, mushrooms, and lots of melted cheese with wonderful herbs and sauce. Our trip ends tomorrow but we will definitely stop on our way out of town for another Bonotta.

Visited August 2013
Port Angeles, Washington
“Patio - Poor service, lousy food.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

Had a far-below-average buffalo chicken salad on the roof/patio. Nice view, but terrible and slow service and dirty tables. They made the salad a second time, actually adding buffalo chicken and bleu cheese (per the menu) on the second try. It was still lousy. The server was positive and professional through the ordeal. Take a pass and try elsewhere.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
GrandmasSportsGarden, General Manager at The Sports Garden, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Hi, my name is Matt Baumgartner; I am the General Manager of Grandma’s Sports Garden and Event Center. First of all, I want to thank you for taking the time to share comments about your visit. I am sorry the experience did not meet your expectations. We take great pride in providing our guests with an enjoyable experience. Can I ask what would have made the experience more enjoyable? It is feedback like this that will allow us to improve and meet our guest’s expectations. My email address is mbaumgartner@grccorp.com. Again, I would love to hear more comments and suggestions from you. I am hopeful that you will visit us again when you are in the area! Thank you again for your nice comments and insightful feedback.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Good for Events”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

If your not going to an event at the Sports Garden or going out drinking, I would avoid. The food is less than average. Hotspot on the weekends for college students.

Visited June 2013
Minneapolis
“$5 Kamikazi Pitchers”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Happy Hour consisted of $5 Kamikazi Pitchers, with flavors such as raspberry, strawberry and grape.

I purchased five of these pitchers. With a $3 tip, I paid only $28. That was very desirable, considering the amount of alcohol involved.

• Visited August 2013