“Wish I could say I loved it” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Duluth
“Wish I could say I loved it”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

A good night spot for the young crowd, it leaves something to be desired in the middle of the day, Saturday. Food was just average--the spaghetti and pizza bar was lacking in pizza when we got there.

After a recent revamp, I was expecting more things to do! Yet it had significantly less things to do. The one pool table was in tight corner and didn't invite us to play. The sports garden used to have things to do, football, pool, air hockey, and more. We were sorely disappointed by the games, many which didn't work and no signage to help us know the way to get our money back. The skew ball didn't work and no signage on it for out of order until we asked them to do that. They had lots of floor staff standing around that could have been tending this stuff.

Visited July 2013

West of Philly
“First Time Walleye”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

My wife, mother-in-law, and I went to Duluth for the day. When we got there it was lunchtime so we went to Grandma's. The ladies had the brats which were did not seem to be from a big commercial food provider. I had the Walleye Pike in a sandwich, though. The filet was very large so for a ten buck sandwich you got a nice-sized piece of fish. Walleye is a little firmer than most white fish you will try (I guess because they are predator fish) but had a very nice taste. The decor was typical schlocky memorabilia thrown up on all the walls but gave it a home atmosphere.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Craving fix”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

OMG...try the chicken tetrazinni on fettuccine! It is amazing! I crave it and wish I lived closer. I love the onion rings too. Place is always busy and loud!

Visited July 2013
“Runners Day break”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We grabbed a quick bit to eat on the Friday before the Grandma's Marathon and met up with some friends. The menu was not necessarily runner friendly as far as healthy food goes, but it's a "Sports Bar", so it is what you would expect, the typical burgers, sandwiches, and pizza. They did have a special pasta buffett set up for runners. The atmosphere was pretty cool and the service was pretty quick. It is a nice place with an open atmosphere for smaller or larger groups of people.

Visited June 2013
Duluth, Minnesota
“Not what it used to be”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Grandmas used to be the place to go. Their sandwiches were to die for and the wild rice soup was awesome, and then......................they needed to make more money. And their signature soup became like every other frozen soup reheated and their became sandwiches so so. If they only could be the restaurant they used to be. I never recommend this restaurant to people who are visiting our area, there are better places to go.

• Visited November 2012