“Out of a whim.....” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Minnesota
“Out of a whim.....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

We were going to stop at The Greenery for a bite to eat before we left town however it was rather busy. We went to Porters out of the whim. It was good. Nothing exceptional. Overall I'd say diner food and I don't think the food was worth the price we paid.

Visited June 2014

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Definitely Worth A Try”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

While out exploring for a nice place to have an old fashioned American breakfast on my first morning in Duluth, I was disappointed to discover that not much nearby on Superior Street fit the bill - and that the wait for a table at a Canal Park hot spot might be a bit longer than my patience level would tolerate that particular morning. So surprisingly, my search ended where it began, on the lower level of my hotel, at Porter's - a breakfast and lunch spot in the Holiday Inn complex. I found it to be comfortable, efficient, and uncrowded. My "old fashioned American breakfast" of coffee, eggs, ham, toast, juice, and a single blueberry pancake [I spent the rest of the day walking around Duluth!] was hearty and delicious. Definitely worth a try for a quick, quality breakfast.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Delton, Michigan
“Not your typical Holliday Inn Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

Excellent coffee, eggs served as ordered & hot. Potatoes & toast hot & almost like home. Friendly, good service & attention to detail!

Visited May 2014
Hurley, Wisconsin
“Three words: walleye eggs benedict.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

We were staying at the holiday Inn so decided to try the breakfast here. Most of the food here is your basic chain hotel food, but there are a few exceptions. We ordered the Walleye Eggs Benedict. It was fantastic! Cooked to perfection. The piece of walleye was huge. We also ordered a bacon and cheese omlet which was average. Would definitely return for the walleye again!

IL
“great service, bad food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

I feel bad for the waitress as she was very good. I don't know who is cooking breakfast there but they need some help. I had a breakfast skillet, I've had the same thing at probably 20 other Holiday Inn locations. This had so much cheese on it that you couldn't even find the other food, and they overcooked it so badly that everything was scorched to the pan it was in. I ate about two bites and then gave up, it was that bad. I would suggest finding somewhere else to eat.

• Visited October 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Been to Porter's? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Porter's, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.