“Best Food on Earth” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Takeout, Delivery
Duluth
“Best Food on Earth”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2009

I love this place. I have the lunch special at least once a week and love everything. The decor is amazing, there's an ice skate in the front window! (I just think that's amazing) The place is appropriatly filthy and every meal is delightfully frightening. This is not meant in a negative way at all, in fact this is meant to compliment the institution of non-fine yet fantastic food. The Tso's Chicken is my favorite, it is a somewhat crunchy and mushy mix of heat and sweet that makes my mouth water just thinking about it. It's like eating a little tiny piece of baby Jesus everytime I have a piece. The portions are huge for the prices. The soups are great too, especially the egg drop. It's salty and greasy (like it should be), and for a dollar will fill you up and with better flavor than almost any "high end" chinese restaurant will. Do not expect this place to have a atmosphere where you can sit in quiet or bring your whole family, it is cheap and quick and dirty and wonderful, like all of the best chinese joints are.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

chryan218
“Best Chinese in the Northland”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2009

The restaurant itself is pretty ghetto, but Bei Jing makes up for it with their food. Their lunch and dinner specials are a BIG hit with college students because you can get huge portions for only $6-$8. They're almost always busy...

The "average price" listed above is definately NOT per person at Bei Jing. $25 there, feeds 3-4 people, excluding drinks.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
duluth. mn
“A sacred house”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2008

The absolute best place you will ever eat. Do you want to feel as if you are eating a meal cooked by our lord savior himself?... Then you absolutly need to go to Bei Jing. Every day between 11 and 330 they have a lunch special and you can get almost anything for near 5 dollars! General tsaos or Sesame Chicken is the way to go. I am there nearly twice a week and I cant ask for more. I am in love with Bei jing and will never look back. This isnt your ordinary Chinese restaraunt this is a finger lickin plate cleaning down right amazing place to feast. Get there NOW!

Minneapolis
“"Great Food, Great Portions, Great Price"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2008

I love Beijing. Their Pork Egg Foo Young is the best I have ever eaten in any Chinese food restaurant. They give you two large patties that are favorable and not greasy. Plus, the gravy really adds to it. I have eaten plenty of other dishes there and love their fried rice, General Tso, and Happy Family. The atmosphere is your basic strip-mall Asian food place, but don't go there for the decor.

San Antonio, Texas
“Glad I took the Chance”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2008

I saw the reviews for this place on here and decided to try it.
My partner and I being restaurant and food buffs from the South (she's a culinary student), we have had some pretty BAADDD run in's here at our Chinese and Mexican restaurant visits, so I was leary.

I'm glad to say this place was actually pretty good!

We both had the Sweet and Sour chicken as well as shared some fried rice. Everything was fresh and yummy.

We have tried both delivery and in restaurant and both were good.

The restaurant itself reminds me of busy downtown NY for some reason. It's busy, not the best looking place, but the food is great.