“Great patio and drinks, bland food” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican, American, Southwestern
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great patio and drinks, bland food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

This is the place to go if you want to sit on a nice patio, people watch and have drinks. The margaritas were great and the happy hour price couldn't be beat.

At first I was very impressed with the amount of vegetarian items on the menu. Unfortunately the enchilada, black beans, and rice was quite bland, not disgusting, just not a lot of flavor.

Service was slow for a late Thursday evening- we had to waive down our server multiple times to get one refill on water.

I would go back for patio and drinks, not for food.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Minneapolis
“On vacation like everyone else”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

So to sum it up ... this place is in the heart of the action. They have the best patio spot and that's why you're attracted to it (that and the neon sign). Their drinks are good and their food is not. What the other reviews have said is spot on. Food is just off. It's not flavorful in the way Mexican food should be. It's flavorful in a way that it's full of grease, preservatives, and salt. It's very unfortunate, because you don't figure that out until you're there and your food has come, and that takes a while. To complain about the salsa is really kind of ridiculous, pico de gallo can be called salsa in lots of restaurants. But when you get entrees that are basically inedible, well, that's another story.

I agree, the restaurant itself smells. I think that's from improper cleaning and spilling and fermenting of alcohol in the bar area. The bathrooms aren't clean and non-functional hand dryers and garbage cans that were spilling over onto the floor.

Would I recommend this place to anyone? Only to sit on the deck, have a drink and people watch. I'd love for a health inspector to come through it.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Very Smelly Restaurant”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I would not recommend anyone eat here. There weren't any available tables outside so we ate inside. Big mistake. There was an awful stench inside the restaurant. It smelled like it had flooded at some point. I couldn't wait to get out of there. The food was not very good at all. Chips and salsa was good (but had to pay for them), and the enchiladas were not good. The chicken was OK, but I couldn't even eat the shredded beef. I would never go back there (even if outside tables are available). I would say our waitress was very nice.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Awful, terrible, waste of time and money”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I was there with my family last night and the waitress had a bad attitude, the food was overpriced and awful. I would have found something more appealing and probably tastier in a dumpster. We had chips and salsa which the salsa was cut up tomatoe, onions, and pepper seeds watered down. We asked our waitress if we can get salsa not pico de gallo and she said that is their salsa and they only have this one kind, however in the menu there is an item chips and salsa sampler that says try with all three of our homemade salsas????? We also ordered the sampler platter which consisted of 6 boneless and may I add tasteless chicken wings in a funky sauce 3 tiny quesadillas which I have no I idea what part of the animal they used for the meat and a pile of chips with maybe a tiny handful of cheese, nasty black cold beans, guacamole and surprise the salsa they served with our chips on top...pico de gallo. Bathrooms also smelled of nasty taco meat and pee. Also bugs flying around inside. Pretty outside deck though. Never going back ever again!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“That's "salsa?"”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Liked the outside patio. Didn't enjoy the idea of having to pay for chips and "salsa," which was actually chunky, pico instead. My husband didn't care for it at all. I enjoyed my seafood enchiladas but the rice and beans that accompanied the entree were mediocre at best. Overall, not a bad experience but not the best either.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere