“same old thing” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
“same old thing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

The service was slow, and no one was there dining.
You get the usual, nothing special about anything.

Visited February 2013

Plymouth
“Good Chain but mediocre service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Having eaten at other restaurants in this chain I was expecting good things from choosing this over other eateries in Canal Park. Upon arrival the waitress sat us quickly and our server soon arrived. He took our order and delivered our drinks. He didn't seem interested in how our food was and didn't offer to top up our drinks when our glasses were empty. Our food order hadn't been taken correctly as the pizza we ordered came as a deep dish and we asked for thin base, the cookie came without ice cream. We felt that we were putting him out when we asked for ice cream it was as if we were an inconvenience! As this was our last night in Duluth I wish we had gone elsewhere.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Duluth, Minnesota, United States
“Good pizza and a nice bar”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

If you are in the mood for a nice pizza and a beer, this can be a bit of fun. They have a vast beer selection and good pizza. The service is always nice and I never seem like I have to wait long for a table.

Visited November 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Good stromboli”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

It's always hard eating alone when you travel for work. I always feel I need to apologize to the waitress upfront and it's akward and well, a pain. The staff at Old Chicago made me feel welcome and there was no problem with me being a single. Even if there was, the waitress never showed it. There were a lot of things to choose from on the menu, but I built my own stromboli. I went with ham and mushroom, pretty tame and it came out perfectly cooked. The place looked like it hosted a lot of parties and had a couple of youth sports teams there. It got pretty loud, but as I was not talking to anyone, it was ok with me. There were tons of beer on tap and plenty of tvs to watch whatever game you wanted. Not a bad evening.

Visited May 2012
Duluth, Minnesota
“Old Chicago Busy for the Holidays”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

Had pizza and a beer last night with my son and enjoyed the meal, as did many family groups all around the restaurant. There had to be five different parties going with more than 10 people in each group and yet service was excellent and food was consistently tasty. The menus have changed and I was a little disappointed not to see the steak and shrimp I often order. However, a pizza place should not have to have all those extras, I suppose. The cheese bread was served differently also. Still good, but not open faced toast. Great food at a good price and good service even when busy.

• Visited December 2012