“Good choice for the wine lover” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Entertaining clients, Doing business, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night Food, Late Night, Reservations
Cottage Grove, Minnesota
“Good choice for the wine lover”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

This is our favorite restaurant in Duluth. It is convenient to the hotels on the Canal, the food is good and the wine list has to be one of the best in Minnesota (OK, so that may not be that big of a compliment). We enjoy trying wine flights from their huge selection and always end up finding a new wine to buy. The prices aren't too bad considering this is a tourist area. Their warm bread is some of the best we've had and their red sauces area very good. The Alfredo with grilled shrimp is too thick and by the time you are halfway through, it is just a glob of solidifying cheese and pasta. Stick with the red sauces.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Worst Italian Food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

I ordered Gnocchi...it could have stretched over a foot long. It wasn't cooked, so i was served dough balls. The waiter took it away eventually, but it was too late to get anything else. My wife and I shared her pasta, which was okay...sausage and red sauce in a pasta. Something I could have made better at home, which isn't why you go out. WORST GNOCCHI OF ALL TIME. even the flavor was poor, no salt or anything. Basicallly Grandma's version of Italian, which is why it's so blah.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Minocqua, Wisconsin
“Yummo!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

My partner, his daughter, her friend and I ate at Bellisio's last night to close out parents weekend at UMD. The food, wine, atmosphere and service were all top notch! We ordered the seafood puttanesca, seasonal lobster macaroni, roasted Italian chicken and spinach ravioli with Alfredo sauce. Each if us was moaning with pleasure throughout the meal...it was delicious!! My wine was a fabulous mid-priced Valpolicella (can't recall the vineyard) our waiter recommended to go with my puttanesca; the pairing was perfect and my partner kept sneaking sips. This is NOT the Olive Garden...thank goodness!! If you are looking for better quality Italian, you will not be disappointed.

Omaha, Nebraska
“very disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

We ate there on a weekday evening. The service was very good...however very pricey for pasta. The meal didn't even come with a salad. My husband had the lobster ravioli and it was extremely salty. I had the Alfredo which seemed like more of an orange cheese sauce than Alfredo. We would have been better off going to the olive garden and spent half the price. Tried it once but will never return...too bad because it does have a lot of good reviews...maybe those people have a lot of money...we are average joes and for these prices I would expect homeade pasta.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Eau Claire WI
“Nice basic Italian restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I was most impressed that they had a gluten free menu and the servers were well informed and able to help me decide what best to eat. They have a 4-wine sampler that is reasonably priced and fun!

Visited October 2013