“Worst Italian Food” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Worst Italian Food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

I ordered Gnocchi...it could have stretched over a foot long. It wasn't cooked, so i was served dough balls. The waiter took it away eventually, but it was too late to get anything else. My wife and I shared her pasta, which was okay...sausage and red sauce in a pasta. Something I could have made better at home, which isn't why you go out. WORST GNOCCHI OF ALL TIME. even the flavor was poor, no salt or anything. Basicallly Grandma's version of Italian, which is why it's so blah.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

76% Recommend
Minocqua, Wisconsin
“Yummo!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

My partner, his daughter, her friend and I ate at Bellisio's last night to close out parents weekend at UMD. The food, wine, atmosphere and service were all top notch! We ordered the seafood puttanesca, seasonal lobster macaroni, roasted Italian chicken and spinach ravioli with Alfredo sauce. Each if us was moaning with pleasure throughout the meal...it was delicious!! My wine was a fabulous mid-priced Valpolicella (can't recall the vineyard) our waiter recommended to go with my puttanesca; the pairing was perfect and my partner kept sneaking sips. This is NOT the Olive Garden...thank goodness!! If you are looking for better quality Italian, you will not be disappointed.

Omaha, Nebraska
“very disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

We ate there on a weekday evening. The service was very good...however very pricey for pasta. The meal didn't even come with a salad. My husband had the lobster ravioli and it was extremely salty. I had the Alfredo which seemed like more of an orange cheese sauce than Alfredo. We would have been better off going to the olive garden and spent half the price. Tried it once but will never return...too bad because it does have a lot of good reviews...maybe those people have a lot of money...we are average joes and for these prices I would expect homeade pasta.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Duluth, Minnesota
“If you want seafood...there are better options”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

We ate here on a Weekday evening on the patio in the summer. The tables were so crammed in on the patio that i could not get in and out of my chair without having the woman at the table next to mine move her chair. Also our tables were so close i could hear the entire conversation at the table next to me. The server was very nice and helpful. The wine was good. My dinner date and i both had seafood and pasta and both agreed that there was not much flavor. We both agreed that next time we want seafood and pasta we will go to the seafood chain restaurant down the street from Bellisios because it is less expensive and they have yummy cheese biscuits and possibly even better seafood and sauces. The truffles at bellisios were delicious!

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Rice Lake
“Top Italian experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

This is the first time we went to the Bellisio's Restaurant, we were greeted warmly and our server was excellent as was the food, the wine list is amazing and I tried a new wine that was very good< I liked it so much that the waitress wrote down the name for us but I was unable to find it for sale retail.
This was every bit as good as anything I have had in Chicago. We will go back.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Bellisio's Italian Restaurant and Wine Bar? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Bellisio's Italian Restaurant and Wine Bar, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.