Bellisio's Italian Restaurant and Wine Bar
Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 197 Restaurants in Duluth
Cuisines: Italian, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Drinks, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Classic Italian dinning and Wine Spectator award winner since 1999 Bellisio’s restaurant conjures up images of highly skilled chefs, fine wines, superb service, and fresh Italian food. And while all this is most certainly true, one must not forget that Bellisio’s is above all an experience. An exceptional dining experience, to be precise, but one that takes place in a casual atmosphere reminiscent of the quaint eateries and wine bars of the Italian countryside. And no wonder. The experience is fashioned after the small village of Bellisio, Italy, home to the owner’s ancestry. Imported direct from Italy are the beauty, comfort, romance, and glorious recipes. Specialty dishes include perfectly prepared pasta dishes using the finest imported and local ingredients; fennel roasted rack of pork; homemade risotto dishes; grilled steaks; shrimp; seafood; and a fresh catch feature every day. All served with a world class wine menu to match. Bellisio’s has received Wine Spectator’s prestigious “Best of Award of Excellence” every year since we opened in 1999. It’s a simple, colorful, elegant, and exceptional dining experience.
Minocqua, Wisconsin
“Yummo!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

My partner, his daughter, her friend and I ate at Bellisio's last night to close out parents weekend at UMD. The food, wine, atmosphere and service were all top notch! We ordered the seafood puttanesca, seasonal lobster macaroni, roasted Italian chicken and spinach ravioli with Alfredo sauce. Each if us was moaning with pleasure throughout the meal...it was delicious!! My wine was a fabulous mid-priced Valpolicella (can't recall the vineyard) our waiter recommended to go with my puttanesca; the pairing was perfect and my partner kept sneaking sips. This is NOT the Olive Garden...thank goodness!! If you are looking for better quality Italian, you will not be disappointed.

Omaha, Nebraska
“very disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

We ate there on a weekday evening. The service was very good...however very pricey for pasta. The meal didn't even come with a salad. My husband had the lobster ravioli and it was extremely salty. I had the Alfredo which seemed like more of an orange cheese sauce than Alfredo. We would have been better off going to the olive garden and spent half the price. Tried it once but will never return...too bad because it does have a lot of good reviews...maybe those people have a lot of money...we are average joes and for these prices I would expect homeade pasta.

• Visited October 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
Eau Claire WI
“Nice basic Italian restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I was most impressed that they had a gluten free menu and the servers were well informed and able to help me decide what best to eat. They have a 4-wine sampler that is reasonably priced and fun!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank mcbarkr
Duluth, Minnesota
“If you want seafood...there are better options”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

We ate here on a Weekday evening on the patio in the summer. The tables were so crammed in on the patio that i could not get in and out of my chair without having the woman at the table next to mine move her chair. Also our tables were so close i could hear the entire conversation at the table next to me. The server was very nice and helpful. The wine was good. My dinner date and i both had seafood and pasta and both agreed that there was not much flavor. We both agreed that next time we want seafood and pasta we will go to the seafood chain restaurant down the street from Bellisios because it is less expensive and they have yummy cheese biscuits and possibly even better seafood and sauces. The truffles at bellisios were delicious!

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Minnesota
“Nice restaurant, a little pricy...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

It's important to just realize that if you're eating in Canal Park most of the restaurants are going to be a bit pricy. In addition, I've heard that most of the restaurants are owned by the Grandma's chain so they probably can fix the prices up a couple bucks without any worries. The meal was good. I was surpsied for the price that soup or salad wasn't included with pasta. $18 for pasta seems a bit steep without a side (there was bread at the table). The service was good and if you are looking for a date night or a nicer restaurant, it will do just fine.

Visited August 2013