“If you want seafood...there are better options” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Duluth, Minnesota
“If you want seafood...there are better options”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

We ate here on a Weekday evening on the patio in the summer. The tables were so crammed in on the patio that i could not get in and out of my chair without having the woman at the table next to mine move her chair. Also our tables were so close i could hear the entire conversation at the table next to me. The server was very nice and helpful. The wine was good. My dinner date and i both had seafood and pasta and both agreed that there was not much flavor. We both agreed that next time we want seafood and pasta we will go to the seafood chain restaurant down the street from Bellisios because it is less expensive and they have yummy cheese biscuits and possibly even better seafood and sauces. The truffles at bellisios were delicious!

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

75% Recommend
Rice Lake
“Top Italian experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

This is the first time we went to the Bellisio's Restaurant, we were greeted warmly and our server was excellent as was the food, the wine list is amazing and I tried a new wine that was very good< I liked it so much that the waitress wrote down the name for us but I was unable to find it for sale retail.
This was every bit as good as anything I have had in Chicago. We will go back.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Akron
“great pasta”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

the dish I had that I really liked was a ravioli served in an alfredo sauce. Usually ravioli are bland and nothing, but these were savory and good and the sauce made them excellent.

excellent wine list

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Missouri
“Excellent Food, Superb Service, Astounding Wine List”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

When we go to Duluth we always eat here and it is always totally packed from 6:30 on and we always have excellent food accompanied with great service...and a wine list like I've only seen in France. If you know wine, you will most likely find it on the huge list. If you don't know wine, ask for help. On Mondays, a bottle of wine is half price which for some of the wines they offer, a great deal in any restaurant here or abroad. All of the food is good and servings are more than generous. My favorite dinner is the antipasto platter--high quality food and a wonderful meal. Recommended especially if you are staying on Canal Street as it is within easy walking distance to all of the hotels. Great place!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Fargo, ND
“Good Food with Good Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Our visit to this Italian restaurant was a very good experience. Nice greeting and a warm atmosphere gave us a good feeling from the get go.

Our server brought us some house made foccaia and it was nice and soft, good flavor but a little salty.

The menu is not huge but covers a nice range of italian food from appetizers to main courses. We chose the rigatoni dishes, my wife had the Bolognese and I had the balsamico. The flavor was good, the sauce was there but not oversauced. The pasta was a little too hard for us but certainly not over cooked.

The dessert menu is electronic and the choices are the usual suspects with a twist. We had the gelato carrot cake and was very good.

a very nice experience.