“Food good . . .service not so good” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Eclectic, International
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Atlanta, Georgia
“Food good . . .service not so good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

We ate here on our innkeeper's recommendation. Looks like the name has been changed from Lake Avenue Cafe to Lake Avenue Bar and Restaurant (?) Not sure what's up with that.

We had a reservation and were seated at a table near the bar. The bartender was our server. We ordered a salad to share and two entrees. Waited quite a while ~ never got the salads ~ and were finally served our entrees by someone else. We told her we had ordered a salad but that we'd just go ahead and take the entrees. She spoke to the bartender who literally waved a "sorry" to us from behind the bar and that was that. He never apologized personally for the salad mix up nor did he ever even come back to ask us if we'd like another drink. Really indifferent service.

The food was good ~ not piping hot so I'm thinking it sat there awhile before it was brought to us ~ but tasty. Nice ambiance and seemed to be frequented by locals. I'd go back but would ask for a seat somewhere else with a different server.

Visited July 2013

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Good food in Duluth”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Have been to the Lake Avenue
Cafe many times,very prompt friendly service.Good menu choices and tasty the Lake Superior fish cakes are great

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Fayetteville, Arkansas
“Very Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

My husband and I had lunch on Sunday at Lake Avenue Cafe during a short stop in Duluth. We both enjoyed our meal. The food and service was great. I had the Deconstructed Fish and Chips, he had the whitefish sandwich. I am including a photo of the Deconstructed Fish and Chips because I wasn't sure what to expect. It was really good. The fish is grilled and the crunchy would be breading is sprinkled on top. For those looking for a healthy choice you can ask for them to hold the crunchy topping. It does include two fillets they are stacked on top of each other when they're brought to the table. The fish sandwich was also very good.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Duluth, Minnesota
“Huevos Rancheros”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Wow! A delicious presentation of a traditional favorite. Lake Ave's huevos rancheros get five stars. This is a breakfast or brunch item that you will definitely want to try. I will be back for more!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Very good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

The menu was a little different so I settled on a pesto pizza. Pizza was good but was slightly burnt . Had I not been with a group of people I would have probably had them redo it . Everyone else loved their food and the restaurant has an excellent reputation . The service was great and the food came out in a timely manner . I would go back and recommend it to others .

Visited July 2013