“Very Good” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Fayetteville, Arkansas
“Very Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

My husband and I had lunch on Sunday at Lake Avenue Cafe during a short stop in Duluth. We both enjoyed our meal. The food and service was great. I had the Deconstructed Fish and Chips, he had the whitefish sandwich. I am including a photo of the Deconstructed Fish and Chips because I wasn't sure what to expect. It was really good. The fish is grilled and the crunchy would be breading is sprinkled on top. For those looking for a healthy choice you can ask for them to hold the crunchy topping. It does include two fillets they are stacked on top of each other when they're brought to the table. The fish sandwich was also very good.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Duluth, Minnesota
“Huevos Rancheros”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Wow! A delicious presentation of a traditional favorite. Lake Ave's huevos rancheros get five stars. This is a breakfast or brunch item that you will definitely want to try. I will be back for more!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Very good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

The menu was a little different so I settled on a pesto pizza. Pizza was good but was slightly burnt . Had I not been with a group of people I would have probably had them redo it . Everyone else loved their food and the restaurant has an excellent reputation . The service was great and the food came out in a timely manner . I would go back and recommend it to others .

Visited July 2013
“Delicious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

After a busy day at the zoo we stopped here for some lunch. I got a burger and my mom got the chicken fettuccine. Both were really tasty- and the tomato jam on the burger was awesome! Our server was incredibly friendly, too. Glad we came here.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Duluth, Minnesota
“Brunch was delicious! Good strong coffee. :)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I got the shrimp with cheddar grits - it was absolutely delicious. My husband is a southern boy and he was impressed that this is the first place we've been to in Minnesota that does grits right. Not that many places do grits in the first place-- but he was a little jealous of my entree (though he enjoyed his very much as well). I do intend to go back and hope that the negative reviews I've read are from people who just don't like this kind of food - because this restaurant is not catered to standard Minnesotan tastes. Also, their coffee is strong-- which my husband and I enjoyed, but I know my parents would have had a hard time with. So if you like good, strong coffee-- go for it. If you like the coffee you get at most diners, I'd suggest you skip coffee and get a soda or juice. :)

• Visited June 2013