“Interesting breakfast find in Duluth” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 229 Restaurants in Duluth
Cuisines: Bakery, Café, Sandwiches
Good for: Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Description: Everything from our award winning breads to our crisp golden hash browns are made from scratch daily. Whether it's muffins for your morning meeting or a cake for your wedding, the Amazing Grace Bakery and Cafe is gladly here to serve you. We have always seen the need for locally conscious and globally friendly businesses. That's why we also specialize in local eggs from Promised Land Farms, local honey from the Bar Bell Bee Ranch, fresh local beer from the Bent Paddle Brewing Company, beans from local roasters Alakef, local syrup from Simple Gifts, all of our to go containers and utensils are compostable, and we also compost all of our food and coffee waste. This bakery that added a coffee shop that started making sandwiches that started making breakfast all in the same spot has been locally owned and operated since its inception, 1995. Built on one iconic saying from our late founder, "be kind, be brave, don't eat bad bread", the Amazing Grace has held true to those ideals for nearly two decades and will for many more to come.
Chicago Suburbs
“Interesting breakfast find in Duluth”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2010

If you are looking to break away from the boring predictability of chain places and support the locals this is a great choice. The food is delicious and the staff is friendly and accommodating. The buttermilk oatmeal pancakes(make sure you ask for real maple syrup) and veggie omelet are two of the menu stand outs. Try a Cappuccino it won't disappoint.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Minneapolis
“Groovy Vibe, Great Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2010

Stopped by Amazing Grace twice during an overnight trip to Duluth. First for some sweat afternoon treats (and live jug band music) and the next morning for breakfast. The place has a groovy 60's vibe, clientele, and employees. Service can be a little chaotic and slow, but the food is excellent. Be sure to get an oatmeal buttermilk pancake. Wow!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Minnesota
“Relaxing atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2010

We have eaten here many, many times. There are homemade breads that are wonderful, great desserts and good soup. Breakfasts are good, although seem to vary in quality depending on the cook. This is a nice place run by locals and staffed with friendly young people. The service seems to have improved over the years. I also like how "green" this restaurant is.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
New Richmond, Wisconsin
“Not so amazing!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2010

We have eaten here on a number of occasions and found the food and service to be very good. We love the atmosphere too. This time however our experience was not so good. The service was slow and unorganized and my food was uncooked. I ordered two eggs over easy but they were basically raw. I can tolerate runny whites but not raw ones, sorry! The other times we have eaten there the food and service has been very good so we know they are capable of better. Just a disappointment this time. The more we go there the more we see their inconsistencies. The latte and quiche were good so maybe the cook just doesn't know how to cook an egg! Not every cook or chef makes a good short order cook! I think Trip Advisor should add one more "hand" to the "would you recommend this restaurant to a friend". One meaning, maybe or with reservations. So yes, I would recommend friends try it but don't expect anyting stellar.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Michigan
“Great food - Better values”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

I was fortunate enough to be able to stop in Amazing Grace for lunch during my stay. I had a sandwich (1/2 for lunch wqith the other 1/2 wrapped up for dinner) and an amazing apple cinnamon muffin. The bread was homemade and delicious as was the sandwich. I love that they compost food waste and recycle containers. I wish I lived closer, Amazing Grace would be a frequent stop for me if I did!

• 5 of 5 stars Food