“Lunch on the fly....” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Rockwall, Texas
“Lunch on the fly....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Flew to Duluth today with my friend John in a beautiful deHavilland BEAVER seaplane (check it out at beaverairtours.com). After a great flight and lots of Fall color popping in the bright sun, we were ready for a good lunch!

Tried Gramma's, but the tour bus had beat us in and the wait was WAAAY too long, so we went with the 'tried-n-true' ((and John's FAVE: Famous Dave's). No bus, no wait to get seated. Good.

John went with the Cajun Chicken sandwich - a whopper of a thing with melted cheese, fried onion strings and a great sauce on top of a really big chicken breast. It looked great; and tasted even better he said. (One sad note: Baby Backs are no longer available; that was his first choice.... mmmm, hard for me to imagine a rib joint without them, but oh well)

I had the house-smoked salmon spread with pita bread (on the appetizer menu) as an entree, along with an icy cold beer. The pita was a bit too toasty on the edge, but the spread was great... and even better, in my opinion, with the spicy pickles that Famous Dave dishes up. My friend volunteered his, and I convinced our friendly waitress to bring me a few more.

Decor is tailored to the Duluth Harbor area, and very nicely done. Wait staff and Maitre d' were both great. Definite re-do next time I'm in the area....and I'M going for the Cajun Chicken!!! b.

Goo

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Big Lake, Minnesota
“Best Famous Daves!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I have had poor experiences at most Famous Dave's I have been to. Not this one. The service was wonderful, the food was just as good. I highly recommend their burgers, they have brisket in them and are sooo flaverful. It is fun to try all the sauces they have on the table. The portions are very large so come hungry!! I will be coming back for their burgers!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Savage, Minnesota, United States
“Great food for a great price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

We arrived at 4:30 to eat an early dinner. Was nice as it was not bustling with people yet. We each ordered a dinner plate (around $13) and there was so much food that my adult son and I wished we had split one meal and ordered an extra side. One of the managers sat with us and helped us (via his iphone) to get info on the movie theater that was nearby (our night activity). Very friendly staff. DELICIOUS food. Worth stopping at.

Visited August 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
“Great lunches,reasonably priced,outside seating”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Nice selection of reasonably priced lunches,outside seating. Very close to canal park. Wonderful comprehensive menu (have to request it)listing all the ingredients in each and every thing they serve. Quite a few gluten few,preservaive free options. There were 5 meals ordered,each one different and all were very good. The spicy pickles are a don't miss. They are perfect with bq.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
North Dakota
“expensive for what you get”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

The food was good but the amount was very small. I ordered the beef brisquet and I had four tiny thing pieces on a piece of toast that if I placed them all together would have not even covered the top of a card, I was SHOCKED that this was a serviing, I had the lunch special but for $8.00 I expected a bit more than that along with some coleslaw- which was very good- and a corn muffin. A person leaves there quite hungry. My daughter ordered the same special only for her meat option she ordered bbq chicken and received a wing and breast. I guess they were running short on beef brisquet or something that day.I do not recommend this to anyone who is hungry.

Visited July 2013