“Location, location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 32 Hotels in Duluth
New York
“Location, location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Impressed with zest of Jen at check in and out! Helpful, suggestions and general personality. Second check in a wk later, agent had "rushed" attitude, not as willing to listen to ?'s, etc Room was okf for time spent and comparable prices in area. Appreciated the shuttle as most hotels in area do not offer!. Breakfast fit the bill, no problem with cup location!!
BEST DEAL was the cost of tickets to water park; so reasonable!! Location for use of Lakewalk trail convenient, too!!

Room Tip: Lake front rooms offer some scenery!!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Duluth Lakewalk, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Dear MOVINGRANDMA,

Thank you for coming back to stay with us and sharing your comments. I'm sorry you did not receive the same excellent service during your second visit that Jen gave you previously, and I apologize for any disappointment or inconvenience you experienced. I'll use your review in discussions and training so this does not continue or recur. It was very nice of you to include your positive comments, and I'll be sure that Jen receives the positive recognition she deserves for being mentioned here by you. I hope we can serve you here again.

Guest Relations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Duluth
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

The room had a musty odor & carpet seemed slightly wet. Toilet flush seemed sluggish and was noisy. We had planned to stay two nights but with the poor condition of the room checked out next morning. Met with another unpleasant surprise during check out. The hotel was charging me $24.00 more than what I had booked for, saying the computer showed the higher rate and there was nothing they could do about it. Fortunately, I had taken a print out of the reservation and so very reluctantly they agreed to give the rate which was promised in writing. Needless to say that the whole episode left a very bad taste in my mouth.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Duluth Lakewalk, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Dear Subhas B,

I am very sorry you were unhappy with the condition of your room, and for the poor service you received at check out. Please accept my apologies for the discomfort and inconvenience we caused. We want all our guests to be happy they decided to stay with us and take it very seriously when we learn we've failed, as we have in your case. We will use your review in discussions and training to improve our operation. I hope you will give us another chance to serve you in the future.

Burnsville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

I was very pleased with the accomodations and service at your Days Inn in Duluth, Mn. My first experience was with Jen, who gave me directions from downtown and was extremely pleasant when I arrived. The hotel was also very helpful with my request for a handicapped room. Overall, it was an good experience.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Dear Marion P,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write and post your excellent review about your recent stay at our hotel. It's guests like you that make our jobs of delivering excellent service and accommodations very enjoyable and rewarding. I'll make sure Jen receives the positive recognition she deserves for being mentioned here by you. I hope we can welcome you back and serve you here again.

Ligonier
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

We were arriving in Duluth late at night and found a good deal on a room here. The room was very clean & comfortable.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Charles S,

Thanks for choosing our hotel and for posting your nice review. We are proud to deliver the best in service and accommodations at a reasonable price and glad that you found us to be a good value. I hope you will be our guest again.

Guest Relations

Been to Days Inn Duluth Lakewalk? Share your experiences!