“February Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 32 hotels in Duluth
Duluth
“February Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

This was a trip to do a procedure early on Friday morning at one of the local hospitals. We enjoyed our stay, location was great, wish I could have eaten breakfast.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Duluth Lakewalk, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Dear Bonnie S,

I hope your procedure went well and that you are feeling better soon. Thanks for choosing to stay with us and that you enjoyed your time here. I, too, hope you will be able to enjoy breakfast the next time you are our guest.

269 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

The hotel is located a mile or so north of downtown Duluth, which was nice to be close but not in the thick of things. Winter had just dumped a foot of snow a day before we arrive, so parking was very limited. We had to park down on the street on London.

The staff was kind and thoughtful. I mentioned that we were hoping to see the sea caves at Apostle Islands and he printed an article out with all the info I would need. This came in handy! Also our heater wasn't working accurately, and the front desk clerk came within a few minutes to fix it. The next day our car battery died and they gave us a jump.

The hotel itself is a bit outdated, but the bed and pillows were super comfy. We would go back again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Duluth Lakewalk, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Dear leader1988,

Thanks for staying with us and sharing your recent experience here. I'm sorry for the discomforts and inconveniences caused by the snow and frigid temperatures, and are pleased to hear you were satisfied with the assistance and service we offered. We look forward to welcoming you back and serving you here again.

Ironwood, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

I've stayed at a few Days Inns in my life. That said, my expectations were to find a low budget, outdated, barely acceptable motel. I was pleasantly surprised to find this Days Inn is extremely well managed. While it was definitely no frills it was unexpectly clean, modern and our room had very calming decor. The beds were comfortable, the TV was modern, WIFI was strong and reliable, and we were given tickets to the Waterpark across the street. The young woman we spoke with for reservations was incredibly accommodating and the guy who checked us in was very friendly. The only issues I had were that the toilet kept running and required giggling the handle and the coffee pot reservoir was not clean. I meant to bring that to someone's attention before we left but I forgot. In case a manager reads this it's room 4126, check the toilet and coffee maker. Other than that we were totally satisfied. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Duluth Lakewalk, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Dear Leahg1980,

Thanks for your loyalty to the Days Inn family of hotels, and for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. I'm sorry about the toilet and coffee maker, and really appreciate you sharing your room number so we can make the necessary repairs and improvements. I hope you will let us serve you here again the next time you are in Duluth.

Lucas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

This is an excellent motel in Duluth with very affordable rates. We stayed here over Thanksgiving, and the heater in the room was working well, even though it was very cold outside. The people at the front desk went above and beyond in customer service.
We especially appreciated the shuttle service to and from the airport, since it was a cold and snowy time in Duluth.
The continental breakfast was delicious. I highly recommend this motel in Duluth - the Days Inn Duluth Lakewalk.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Duluth Lakewalk, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Dear Camellia I,

Thanks so much for sharing your nice comments about your recent stay with us. I'm glad we exceeded your expectations and that you found us to be a good value. We really appreciate your recognition of jobs well done by our team and your recommendation. I hope you will be our guest again.

Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Days Inn Duluth Lakewalk? Share your experiences!