“Close to Lake. Medical rates.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
30% More Wyndham Rewards
Ranked #17 of 32 hotels in Duluth
Washburn, Wisconsin
“Close to Lake. Medical rates.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Special medical rate was $49.
Room is quiet, tastefully decorated. Bathroom is a teeny bit on the worn side but NOT AN ISSUE. Small fridge, outlets on bedside lamp for computer, wifi with no need for password, ironing board and iron, ice down the hall, desk, coffee maker, easy parking, clean, shuttle to nearby medical destinations.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Duluth Lakewalk, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear Pearl413,

Thanks for staying with us and posting your review. I'm glad you were happy with your room and the rate you received. I hope you will let us serve you here again.

237 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Baudette, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Our room was next to the door and so every time someone came or went our room vibrated with the extra noise. Both mornings our room filled with cigarette smoke. At first we thought someone was smoking outside and it was just coming in, the second morning we checked and there was no one, so someone on our end was smoking in their room. The first morning we went down to breakfast and there was no one attending it, and very little left, we were there a half hour before they closed down. The final morning a diesel truck parked outside our window and our room filled with diesel even though our window was closed; we headed down to breakfast and the smell was still there when we got back to our room. Outside the entry door is a cement slab, both days you could smell cat urine. When we explained everything on our check out the young man took notes; and that was all. Will we stay there again, probably not. We will also share with others of our experience.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Duluth Lakewalk, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
Dear L V,

I am very sorry you were disappointed with us during your recent stay and offer my apologies. We endeavor to give all our guests an enjoyable stay and we take it very seriously when we learn we have fallen short. We would like an opportunity to discuss this further with you and hope you will contact us via kenjacobs@zmchotels.com. We value your business and feedback and hope to hear from you soon, and that you will give us a chance to make amends. I will use your review in discussions and training to improve our operation. I hope you will let us do what we can to earn your respect on a future visit.

Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here after making reservations at the radisson and then canceling those due to the bad reviews on tripadvisor. We had stayed here once before about 12 years ago. Nice but not spectacular. This time we were pleasantly surprised that the hotel has been updated! From the popcorn in the lobby to the ultra clean rooms we would stay here again hands down. Economical and pleasant are my buzzwords for here. We had a dead battery in our car when we awoke. The front desk called over to a sister hotel and had someone come over and provide a jump at NO COST! Service with a smile!

• Stayed October 2013
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Duluth Lakewalk, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear youthhockeymom,

Thank you very much for coming back to stay with us and for posting your excellent comments and 5 star rating. Its guests like you who make our jobs of providing the highest standards of cleanliness, service and facilities very rewarding. We are very proud of our people and appreciate your recognition of jobs well done by our team. We look forward to welcoming you back and thanking you in person the next time you are here.

Fruita, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

I was warmly greeted by the front desk and given a 3rd floor room with a view of Lake Superior. Not bad if you don't mind looking over the busy road, the large dumpster of the building being remodeled across the street, the Wendy's parking lot and then through the trees bordering the lake. Not much that I wanted to see. The room was clean, the bed ok and since it was early I went on a drive north to Brighton Beach where I could really see the lake. Slept well, went down to breakfast to find a small, crowded room and the only food available was coffee (which they were out of at the moment) and cold cereal. Fortunately there was a McDonald's next door and so I checked out and went there for breakfast. When I went back through Duluth I made a point of not staying there again.

Room Tip: Road noise is a problem during the day but it did quiet down at night. I would plan on wearing ear...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Dear SusieLou,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your comments. I'm sorry you were disappointed with the view from your room and our complimentary breakfast, and offer my apologies. Brighton Beach is one on my favorite places in Duluth, and I'm glad you were about to enjoy your time there. I hope you will reconsider and stay with us again.

Guest Relations Manager

Been to Days Inn Duluth Lakewalk? Share your experiences!