“ok for a short stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 31 hotels in Duluth
Durand
“ok for a short stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Older but stayable. Not the best I've stayed at. Could have been cleaner but was tollerable. We weren't there only to sleep. Parking was limited but was not busy and was not an issue. Entrance on end was dirty and could have been sweeped to be more appealing. Would stay again. Ok for the price.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

187 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Alexandria,Va
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We were greeted by a friendly staff member and upgraded to a 3rd floor view room. The room was clean and comfortable, except for hard pillows. There are no elevators - can access 2nd floor from parking behind hotel, so only needed to walk up one to get to 3rd. tWe've paid more for less, when it comes to hotels.

Room Tip: Go for water view.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Stayed at the Days Inn over the Labor Day Weekend. The room we were in had an adjoining door. The door was so thin you could hear the people in the next room - even in the restroom. The phone in the rooms do not work, some rooms do not have blackout blinds. Staff is friendly but inexperienced in difficult situations.

Room Tip: Ask for a room without an adjoining door and blackout blinds
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Duluth Lakewalk, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear Deb H,

I am truly sorry to learn of your disappointment with us during your recent stay and apologize for any discomfort you experienced here. We welcome all constructive criticism, as it enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and will strive to make the necessary changes and improvements. If you would like to discuss this further, please contact me via kenjacobs@zmchotels.com. I hope you will give us an opportunity to make amends.

Ken Jacobs
Guest Relations Manager
Sheboygan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

The room and the front desk person, Nathan, were very god but the breakfast was awful and this is an important item to me as when on vacation I hate wasting time going to a restaurant for breakfast.
For this reason I would not recommend this to my friends.

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Tampa, Florida, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

I stayed at the Days Inn Duluth Lakewalk for my brother's wedding in Aug 2013 for a 4 night stay. Be aware this hotel does not have an elevator and has 3 levels. It should be listed in the hotel description but isn't. The first day was fine. Second day we returned to find that housekeeping had skipped our room. Made Cory (front desk) aware and he apologized stating that it would not happen again. Guess what, it happened again. By now it had been 2 days in a row. Back to the front desk to complain again. This time the front desk person, Trevor, had to take time away from the front desk to come upstairs to service our room. Apparently he was the only one on staff at 4pm. Mind you our room was on the 3rd floor, so up and down the stairs he went whenever he could break away from the front desk. Unnecessary work on his part because housekeeping keep skipping our room. Our last day there I spoke to the hotel manager Shawn Carlson. I was told he was going to be there at 7am and would speak to me when he arrived. He didn't show until past 9am and didn't make himself readily available. I had to ask the front desk to find him. Other than the convenience in location I have to say my stay was extremely disappointing.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Duluth Lakewalk, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear Veronica,

Congratulations on your brother's marriage! I am very sorry you were so unhappy with the accommodations and poor service we provided you and offer my apologies. We want all our guests to be pleased they decided to stay with us and take it very seriously when we learn of any dissatisfaction. We would like to discuss this personally and hope you will give us a chance to make amends by contacting me via kenjacobs@zmchotels.com. I will use your review in discussions and training to improve our operation. Thank you for posting your comments.

Ken Jacobs
Guest Relations

Been to Days Inn Duluth Lakewalk? Share your experiences!