“hotel very good but forget breakfast” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
30% More Wyndham Rewards
Ranked #17 of 32 Hotels in Duluth
Sheboygan
“hotel very good but forget breakfast”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

The room and the front desk person, Nathan, were very god but the breakfast was awful and this is an important item to me as when on vacation I hate wasting time going to a restaurant for breakfast.
For this reason I would not recommend this to my friends.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Tampa, Florida, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

I stayed at the Days Inn Duluth Lakewalk for my brother's wedding in Aug 2013 for a 4 night stay. Be aware this hotel does not have an elevator and has 3 levels. It should be listed in the hotel description but isn't. The first day was fine. Second day we returned to find that housekeeping had skipped our room. Made Cory (front desk) aware and he apologized stating that it would not happen again. Guess what, it happened again. By now it had been 2 days in a row. Back to the front desk to complain again. This time the front desk person, Trevor, had to take time away from the front desk to come upstairs to service our room. Apparently he was the only one on staff at 4pm. Mind you our room was on the 3rd floor, so up and down the stairs he went whenever he could break away from the front desk. Unnecessary work on his part because housekeeping keep skipping our room. Our last day there I spoke to the hotel manager Shawn Carlson. I was told he was going to be there at 7am and would speak to me when he arrived. He didn't show until past 9am and didn't make himself readily available. I had to ask the front desk to find him. Other than the convenience in location I have to say my stay was extremely disappointing.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Duluth Lakewalk, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear Veronica,

Congratulations on your brother's marriage! I am very sorry you were so unhappy with the accommodations and poor service we provided you and offer my apologies. We want all our guests to be pleased they decided to stay with us and take it very seriously when we learn of any dissatisfaction. We would like to discuss this personally and hope you will give us a chance to make amends by contacting me via kenjacobs@zmchotels.com. I will use your review in discussions and training to improve our operation. Thank you for posting your comments.

Guest Relations
Saint Paul, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

We stayed recently on our way up the Northshore. We asked for and received a room
On the 3rd floor with a nice view of the lake. Room was clean and bed comfortable.
Those hard pillows not fun to sleep on though. I was glad I brought my pillow from home.
The tub was a bit slippery. My husband commented on that . Halls were very warm.
Breakfast was fine although nothing elaborate. We'd stay again.

Room Tip: Speak up for a view on the third floor
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Bemidji
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Good helpful staff, very cheerful. My only negative would be outside stairs which are a bit diffucult to climb. Clean rooms and very comfortable beds.
Tub was a bit slippery, they could use those non slip stickers.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Duluth Lakewalk, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Dear greencheeksBemidji,

Thanks for staying with us and sharing your comments. We value all guest feedback and use it to improve our operation. Please accept my apologies for any discomfort you experienced here. I hope you will give us another chance to serve you in the future.

Guest Relations Manager
Chisholm
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We had a great stay.. Able to check in early and they allowed pets... Nice cold but decent breakfast.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Duluth Lakewalk, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear Carol N,

I'm glad you and your puppies had a good stay with us and appreciate your taking the time to share your comments. It's always nice when guests travel with their four legged furry family members, and we get to make new friends with them, too. We look forward to serving you here again.

Guest Relations Manager

Been to Days Inn Duluth Lakewalk? Share your experiences!