“Fantastic Thai food!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Thai
Thunder Bay, Canada
“Fantastic Thai food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

On our trip to Duluth this weekend, we had planned on a visit to Thai Krathong, only to find out it has closed down. After mentioning this to the desk clerk at the hotel, she recommended Pak's Green Corner. This little restaurant is in West Duluth, more than walking distance from our hotel (we stay in Canal Park), so we made the drive. The restaurant is small and clean, with very basic decor. The food and service, however, are fantastic! My wife and I each had a soup (hot & sour for me, coconut soup for her), and we shared 2 appetizers and a Pad Thai. The appetizers were Thai dumplings and the mini spring rolls. Both had great flavour, and the deep fried spring rolls were not greasy at all. The Pad Thai here was the best Pad Thai I've ever had. It was so flavourful with almost a creamy texture. The noodles weren't dry like at most places. Dessert was the honey bananas. These were wrapped in a own ton skin, fried, and served with honey on top. A very nice end to the meal. My only disappointment was that I'm fascinated by the "hot dog bun ice cream" and wanted to try this for dessert, and unfortunately, it's wasn't available that night. I'll try it next time, because we'll definitely be back!

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“So Fresh and Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

We had really good food - we tried the curry puffs and Thai dumplings to start. Sesame chicken, Padh Thai, Spicy Basil were all delicious. Then we tried the flan, coconut cream tapioca, sweet rice with mango and honey banana desserts. Everything was perfect and served by Pak herself with pride and generosity. What a wonderful evening!

Mankato, Minnesota
“Excellent Thai Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

Very fresh food! Good service and great flavor! Spicy basil with chicken was fantastic! Spring rolls were excellent as well! Will be going again when we come back to Duluth!

Vancouver, Washington
“Wonderful Thai”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

In. Dearth of good eating in Duluth Pak's Green Corner is Fabulos!! The Pad Thai I had (on several occasions) rivals food I've had in Thailand. Fresh and cooked to your taste, I like it hot!!

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Just outstanding!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

We enjoyed an excellent affordable Thai lunch. Server was fast, polite, and responsive. We'll be back.

• Visited November 2013