“One of the best meals for under $10” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 228 restaurants in Duluth
Cuisines: Thai
Minnesota
“One of the best meals for under $10”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

We went here for lunch, and while I can say it didn't look like much from the outside.....don't judge a book by it's cover! Just really good, fresh Thai food! A great value and real hidden gem! It seems a little out of the way or off the beaten path, but boy was it good.....and so reasonable!

we will be back!

94% Recommend
West Palm Beach, Florida, United States
“Delicious Thai food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Here in Duluth on vacation and have been eating a lot of Walleye! Decided to try something different, and after reading all the great reviews, we settled on Pak's. It was terrific. Had the coconut soup with shrimp, some of the tiny spring rolls, green curry with mock duck, the mango and sweet rice, and Thai iced tea. Everything was wonderful! Had never had mock duck before, and it was ok but next time I'll stick to shrimp. Very friendly and prompt service, even though there was a bit of a crowd. Hope to come back here another year!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Marshall, Minnesota
“Best food in Duluth!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Wow! After reading all the great reviews, we had to try it for ourselves. The place is small and quaint, the menu is fairly limited, but the service and food are EXCELLENT!!!

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Fresh, Interesting Take on Thai”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

This is some good Thai...not your average, run-of-the-mill, greasy, pre-packaged Thai food. You can tell it's made fresh with high-quality ingredients. The recipes are new twists on old favorites. It's basically Thai food for foodies, gourmets, etc.

We had the wontons and pad Thai. The wontons were small but the dipping sauce they came in was delightful. It was delicate and light, but added to the flavor. The pad Thai was not what I was used to, but I loved it. It tasted so alive. That's the only way I can describe it. Also, the menu is not expansive, but what they do, they do it well. The price was a little higher than Thai in the Cities, but I think the freshness and quality of the food outweighs the price difference.

The decor of the restaurant is almost like your average diner, clean but not newly remodeled or anything. It's not fancy, but it's not a dive, either. And I loved how the women's bathroom had a scale in it. LOL I think it's to remind women not to eat too much. :)

The waitstaff was very attentive. Our waters were refilled promptly and many times. After I received my meal, I realized that it would be all the better with more peanuts (I love peanuts on my pad Thai). I explained my fetish to the waitress and she brought me a whole bowl. I was in heaven!

All in all, if you're looking for Thai in Duluth, this is the place for you. Well, that is if you're not addicted to the average, run-of-the-mill, processed stuff you get at a lot of places....

• Visited July 2013
Duluth, Minnesota
“Exceeds high expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Pak has great fresh affordable food. (that covers it, no need to read on)

Don't be thrown off by the Thai references. They have un-Thai food also. Like the Canadian dish called Poutine. My favorite turkey sandwich and pulled pork sandwich was made there.

Everything we try has been prepared with attention to detail and tastes like it. Green curry is outstanding. Honey banana dessert, also outstanding. The lunch specials I've had were $5.95 to 7.95 and tasted like $15-25 meals. Call in an order ahead of time, if you are in a rush. I can't say enough good things about this place.

• Visited July 2013