“Exceeds high expectations” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Thai
Duluth, Minnesota
“Exceeds high expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Pak has great fresh affordable food. (that covers it, no need to read on)

Don't be thrown off by the Thai references. They have un-Thai food also. Like the Canadian dish called Poutine. My favorite turkey sandwich and pulled pork sandwich was made there.

Everything we try has been prepared with attention to detail and tastes like it. Green curry is outstanding. Honey banana dessert, also outstanding. The lunch specials I've had were $5.95 to 7.95 and tasted like $15-25 meals. Call in an order ahead of time, if you are in a rush. I can't say enough good things about this place.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Duluth, Minnesota
“Most authentic Thai ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

I eat here quite a few times a week. I was stationed in Southern Thailand for a summer and this is the most authentic Thai I have ever had across the United States. The service is incredible and they will only serve dishes that they love! If you are into Thai cuisine you will not be disappointed. It is a complete gem, and I can't wait to get over there for dinner tonight!

Enjoy!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Duluth, MN
“Pak's is a great choice in West Duluth.....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Tried this place for the first time last December on Christmas Eve, when we had some errands to do in that neighborhood. Service was great, and I recall the Spring Rolls being out of this world, along with some sort of chicken dish I had. There is an excellent athletic shoe store across the street if you need another destination and the historic Denfeld High School is also not far.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Go for the food, not so much the atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Would not have stopped based on the exterior of the place but since it was highly rated decided to give it a try. The inside was very clean with a sincere attempt at decor that didn't work for me. That said, the food was excellent. A limited menu but what we had was excellent..fresh spring rolls, large and well made.. The pad thai was yummy with fresh ingredients plus enough heat in the vegetarian pepper dish for those of us needing a break from "American" cooking!

Visited June 2013
Duluth
“If you're in neighborhood . . .”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I made the trip out far west Duluth to try this after reading the reviews and an article in the paper. I had a pleasant lunch served by a very nice waitress, but nothing was stellar about my choices And they haven't drawn me back. I liked the idea of the buffet I read about but it's not a regular option. Bummer.

• Visited April 2013