“Canal Park Dinner Spot” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Wausau, Wisconsin, United States
“Canal Park Dinner Spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

Casual atmosphere with nice open concept. Menu had plenty to choose from, my sandwich was very good and flavorful. Found the employees to be friendly and the bartender was very attentive and polite! Good selection of tap beers.
Would I go back, yes!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

73% Recommend
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Fine -good option in the canal park area”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

We were seated quickly and our server was attentive and friendly.

We opted for the rotisserie chicken and salmon as entrees. The salmon entrée had a salsa which was slightly spicier than expected and one part of the chicken was decidedly pink however overall the meal was ok.

We were served efficiently however didn't feel rushed. I think we would probably give it another try - perhaps minus the chicken.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
oregon
“Yummy and great service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

We got in late to Duluth and after checking in to our hotel, were looking for a good dinner. We walked around Canal Park a bit and found Grizzly's. Wow. Late as it was for dinner, the server and the kitchen did not disappoint. Their pasta dishes are delicious. The Bear Creek Pasta was mine and hubby had Diablo....we shared because we couldn't decide which was more delicious. And our daughter still raves about the Brown Sugar/Bacon Cheddar burger. Great service, great food, great atmosphere....for a reasonable price. Wish I had a restaurant this good in my own neighborhood!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bettendorf, Iowa
“Love this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Have eaten here several times when in town, it's awesome. Great atmosphere. They have great bbq but I usually have something more healthy for lunch. This time I tried their blackened salmon, it was outstanding. Can't wait to travel there again for a refill...

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
MN
“Uneven food quality”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Gotta say, we do get a hankerin' for Grizzly's once in a while. When their Oriental Chicken Salad is good, it's really, really good. The wings are reliably good and far cheaper than the chain that specializes in wings across the road.
But when it's bad, it's bad.
I think sometimes restaurants get youngsters working who probably don't eat salad, and they don't know to not plate up greens that have dried edges, brown spots, or even wilt. Would you eat that? The dressing for this salad is yummy, and fairly often (2/3 of the time), the chicken is well - not over- cooked, the greens are great, and all is right with dinner. The other 1/3 of the time, it's usually the salad greens that are the problem. Our waiter there this last trip was great; friendl and attentive (I think he's been there awhile). I didn't eat all of my salad in the restaurant but took it home (MINUS points for styrofoam or plastic as the only to-go choices!). When I got it home and looked at it, I realized what I did not see in the dimmer bar lights - just how off the lettuces were. Uk. Picked out the chicken and threw the rest away.
Maybe next time we'll hit the 2/3 good. In the meantime, hubby enjoys the wings!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere