We've stayed at the South Pier Inn before, and with it being winter, decided to return. This hotel is not cheap, and they don't negotiate their rates, so don't stay here if you're on a budget (we had the Canal View whirlpool suite, $177/night). What they do offer is a clean, well maintained property, and a very relaxing stay. Situated just over the Arrowhead bridge from Canal Park, it is walking distance from everything in Canal Park and downtown. After walking around outside in the cold weather, it's so nice to come back to our room and enjoy a beverage I the hot tub while looking out at the canal. The beds are comfortable, and the hotel is nice and quiet so it's a very restful place to stay. Breakfast is fruit, yogurt, and a variety of pastries from a local bakery (the donuts are VERY good!). Looking forward to our next visit here.
- Also Known As:
- South Pier Inn On The Canal Hotel
- South Pier Inn On The Canal Hotel Duluth
- South Pier Duluth
- South Pier Inn Duluth
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at the foot of the Aerial Lift Bridge adjacent to Canal Park, South Pier Inn is Duluth's premier shipwatching hotel. Our 20 waterfront suites each feature a whirlpool, fireplace and private balcony, offering breathtaking views of the Duluth harbor or ship canal. This family-owned property offers the amenities you'd expect in a much larger hotel, yet provides the level of service and attention to detail you'd only find in a smaller establishment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your South Pier Inn on the Canal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.