This is our favorite place to stay in Duluth. Both my husband and myself are a big fan of watching the ships go through canal so this is the best location in the city. We also enjoy being able to walk to shops and restaurants in canal park. We usually stay in a waterfront suite however this being a "special event weekend" it was over our budget. We did stay in a balcony guest room. Excellent service as always from the staff. The weather permitted us to go outside to watch the ships go through canal. If you are on a budget the balcony guest room is a great choice.
- Also Known As:
- South Pier Inn On The Canal Hotel Duluth
- South Pier Inn On The Canal Hotel
- South Pier Duluth
- South Pier Inn Duluth
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at the foot of the Aerial Lift Bridge adjacent to Canal Park, South Pier Inn is Duluth's premier shipwatching hotel. Our 20 waterfront suites each feature a whirlpool, fireplace and private balcony, offering breathtaking views of the Duluth harbor or ship canal. This family-owned property offers the amenities you'd expect in a much larger hotel, yet provides the level of service and attention to detail you'd only find in a smaller establishment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your South Pier Inn on the Canal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.