We stayed at the South Pier Inn for two days, August 21 and 22nd in the panoramic room (602). One of the nicest rooms I've stayed in in quite a while with a great view of the lift bridge and the Great Lake freighters. The lift bridge is a mavel in engineering and I can't begin to tell you how many photographs of the bridge I took. The bed was nice, the continental breakfast was good and the staff was very friendly. We met the owner outside in the morning and she was very friendly and helpful. I booked this in advance before the shipping was reduced so the ships were scattered and mostly in the early morning hours but I managed to see them all. I do not write many reviews but this hotel deserves a great rating and if possible, put this on your list to visit. Since I go to Orr Minnesota every year from Ohio, I now have a place to return to in the future. Thanks.
- Also Known As:
- South Pier Inn On The Canal Hotel
- South Pier Inn On The Canal Hotel Duluth
- South Pier Duluth
- South Pier Inn Duluth
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at the foot of the Aerial Lift Bridge adjacent to Canal Park, South Pier Inn is Duluth's premier shipwatching hotel. Our 20 waterfront suites each feature a whirlpool, fireplace and private balcony, offering breathtaking views of the Duluth harbor or ship canal. This family-owned property offers the amenities you'd expect in a much larger hotel, yet provides the level of service and attention to detail you'd only find in a smaller establishment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your South Pier Inn on the Canal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.