We stayed at South Pier Inn on July 30-31, 2013. We were looking for a nice couples getaway location close to Canal Park where we could just park and walk to most locations we wanted to enjoy. This was just the ticket for us. We loved the views of the bridge from the balcony and the room itself. We loved the quick walk to dinner and other sites in Canal Park and only left once to go hiking at Gooseberry Falls and a few other spots up the shoreline. We had breakfast out both mornings, so I can't comment on the morning fare offered in the lobby. The receptionist was very helpful with a location question we had and other staff we encountered were all very friendly. We had a balcony room overlooking the canal and really didn't hear the horns and whistles of the bridge and boats, which can be very loud, during our stay. The room was pretty quiet. We loved the jacuzzi and size of the room as well. The mini fridge was handy for keeping water cold for our walks.
- Also Known As:
- South Pier Inn On The Canal Hotel
- South Pier Inn On The Canal Hotel Duluth
- South Pier Duluth
- South Pier Inn Duluth
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at the foot of the Aerial Lift Bridge adjacent to Canal Park, South Pier Inn is Duluth's premier shipwatching hotel. Our 20 waterfront suites each feature a whirlpool, fireplace and private balcony, offering breathtaking views of the Duluth harbor or ship canal. This family-owned property offers the amenities you'd expect in a much larger hotel, yet provides the level of service and attention to detail you'd only find in a smaller establishment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your South Pier Inn on the Canal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.