This was a great choice for us, because I was absolutely fascinated by the Aerial Lift Bridge. The room was very comfortable, we stayed in a Queen Bed Waterfront Suite (which wasn't really a suite, but as comfortable as one) and it was good size. We loved the tub in the room, and the balcony, and the windows overlooking the harbor. Oh, and it was nice having the mini-fridge, and the coffee (in-room and with continental breakfast) was great!
We stayed three nights. The hotel was easy walking distance to restaurants in Canal Park, and walking to the places we ate downtown was feasible, but we chose to drive (a little chilly). I really rate this as one of the best places I've stayed in terms of suiting our tastes and being wonderfully relaxing.
- Also Known As:
- South Pier Inn On The Canal Hotel Duluth
- South Pier Inn On The Canal Hotel
- South Pier Duluth
- South Pier Inn Duluth
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at the foot of the Aerial Lift Bridge adjacent to Canal Park, South Pier Inn is Duluth's premier shipwatching hotel. Our 20 waterfront suites each feature a whirlpool, fireplace and private balcony, offering breathtaking views of the Duluth harbor or ship canal. This family-owned property offers the amenities you'd expect in a much larger hotel, yet provides the level of service and attention to detail you'd only find in a smaller establishment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your South Pier Inn on the Canal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.