My boyfriend and I went there for a weekend get away and it was AWESOME!! We went up to Duluth during the winter to see Bentlyville (the christmas light show) which was breath taking. Our room was so clean and wonderful, loved the spa tub in the room as well. We had a room on the second floor facing the canal and loved watching the ships come in and out. We were greeted with a friendly face at the front desk that gave us recommendations for activities and had hot apple cider and gingerbread cookies for us. :)
It was slightly spendy for us (Although we are recent college grads so everything is spendy for us) but the price of the rooms will NOT prevent us from returning. We talk about it all the time and tell all of our friends about it as well.
It was wonderful!
- Also Known As:
- South Pier Inn On The Canal Hotel
- South Pier Inn On The Canal Hotel Duluth
- South Pier Duluth
- South Pier Inn Duluth
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at the foot of the Aerial Lift Bridge adjacent to Canal Park, South Pier Inn is Duluth's premier shipwatching hotel. Our 20 waterfront suites each feature a whirlpool, fireplace and private balcony, offering breathtaking views of the Duluth harbor or ship canal. This family-owned property offers the amenities you'd expect in a much larger hotel, yet provides the level of service and attention to detail you'd only find in a smaller establishment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your South Pier Inn on the Canal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.