There is no other place on the Great Lakes where you can stay and see huge freighters pass by your room so closely. Location is the name of the game here, right next to Duluth's Aerial Lift Bridge. The rooms are large and tastefully furnished, but somewhat worn around the edges as this place is now 12 years old. Our room had a fireplace, Jacuzzi tub, a small balcony, and separate bedroom and bathroom. Room also had a small kitchenette area with a sink, fridge, and microwave. Pricey: $220 on the ground floor facing the canal for a mid-week night in September after Labor Day. Expect much higher prices during the peak summer season. The only draw back is a very mediocre continental breakfast served in a tiny, tiny space next to the front check-in desk....a very poor arrangement.
- Also Known As:
- South Pier Inn On The Canal Hotel
- South Pier Inn On The Canal Hotel Duluth
- South Pier Duluth
- South Pier Inn Duluth
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at the foot of the Aerial Lift Bridge adjacent to Canal Park, South Pier Inn is Duluth's premier shipwatching hotel. Our 20 waterfront suites each feature a whirlpool, fireplace and private balcony, offering breathtaking views of the Duluth harbor or ship canal. This family-owned property offers the amenities you'd expect in a much larger hotel, yet provides the level of service and attention to detail you'd only find in a smaller establishment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your South Pier Inn on the Canal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.