“Great room in Duluth” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Voyageur Lakewalk Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Duluth
Voyageur Lakewalk Inn
You added Voyageur Lakewalk Inn to your Saves list
Superior St. and 4th Ave. E., Duluth, MN 55802   |
Ranked #21 of 32 Hotels in Duluth
Shorewood, Minnesota
“Great room in Duluth”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

I would return to the Voyageur Lakewalk Inn any time that I visit Duluth, but I would have to been in the same room I had this first visit. It was one of the pine rooms with a lake view, fireplace, hot tub, refrigerator and microwave. It was clean and cozy. Although some visitors might not like it, I enjoyed the glow of their neon sign, which served as a nightlight for me.

Room Tip: You must stay in one of their top rooms! Other customers complained of the noise.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Wauwatosa, Wisconsin, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I needed just one night passing through Duluth to see my son at UMD and then camping in the North Shore. I was familiar with the location and generally knew what to expect - which was not much. I slept on top of the blankets in my clothes. The place needed paint and scrubbing in the bathroom. By the looks of other people coming and going from this hotel they may rent by the hour - if you get my drift.

Never again - I will sleep in my car before I book again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I had rather spontaneously decided to go up north to Lake Superior and Duluth for the Three-Day-Easter-Weekend of 2012 and some of the inns and motels that I had called were fully booked by then. Luckily - I have to say in retrospect - the Voyageur Lakewalk Inn still had rooms available, so I stayed there while in Duluth. Location-wise the motel is awesome. It's easy to get to, has free on-site parking, it's within reasonable walking distance of Canal Park and in absolutely no time you're on Highway 61 driving along Lake Superior's north shore to a plethora of small to ample sized state parks.
I found the Voyageur Lakewalk Inn to be a nice, clean, classic motel with pretty decent sized rooms and accordingly sized, equally clean en suite bathrooms. Why would I not give it an 'excellent' rating then? Because calling a stack of paper cups, a large thermos with coffee and a box of donuts opposite the reception desk a 'continental breakfast' is preposterous. For a proper breakfast walk down three blocks on Superior Street to the Coney Island Diner.

Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Minnetonka, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I've stayed here on more than one occasion. The location is super convenient for me when staying in Duluth. It's certainly not a fancy place by any means, but it is a value option when staying in Duluth. Free breakfast includes coffee and danish donuts. Rates seem to have gone up a little bit in the past few years, but it's still a good budget option in Duluth with so many other hotels so expensive there.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Farmington, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I headed to Duluth for the UMD homecomming game with 2 teenage girls and after reading reviews decided to book a room for 2 nights. If you're looking for a room with no frills, just the basics, close to shops and restaurants... this is the place. The room was small, beds comfortable and overall the room was clean. The location was perfect for walking to activities, it was very close to Fitgers and some awesome restaurants downtown. There are random street folks that make their way into the registration desk area and parking lot to help themselves to the cigarette butts in the containers outside the rooms. One guy fell asleep in a chair outside the office and started yelling remarks in his sleep. I will say that when I told the front desk what was going on they were quick to clear the place of these folks. For the price, I would consider staying here again, but never with small children or teenagers. The area just didn't feel safe. Continental breakfast includes danishes and coffee, nothing else. Again, room was clean... but no frills.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thunder Bay, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

My husband and I just stayed at the Voyageur Lakewalk Inn and honestly weren't sure what to expect. There was not a room to be found in Duluth, and what was available was $200 + a night! We stayed in one of the "lodge" rooms with a queen bed, whirlpool and lakeview for $125 which seemed a bit high, but not much choice out there! We were so pleasantly surprised when we walked in the room. It was like walking into a little log cabin! So cute and cozy with a whirlpool tub in the corner and a beautiful lake view. It was very clean and the bed and pillows were super comfy! It had a small bathroom with a stand up shower, coffee pot and fridge. Overall the motel was very quiet but with a some traffic noise, which is expected on a busy street downtown. It is within walking distance to a lot of shops, restaurants and the casino. We would definately stay here again :)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Detroit Lakes, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Passing through Duluth my husband and I decided to stop for the night. We found the Voyageur Lakewalk, and signed in. The room was a double and cost $79.00 for the night. The room was clean and the bed comfortable. We didn’t really check anything out other than the shower. It had hot water and clean towels. We slept well with the exception of some road noise but that was expected.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Voyageur Lakewalk Inn? Share your experiences!