“Grooom's Dinner Party” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Duluth, Minnesota
“Grooom's Dinner Party”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

We were in town for my son and new daughter’s wedding and had the groom's dinner at Dublin pub. We chose the pub because my wife and I are both Irish and we thought it would be a little different. We had an appetizer sampler that was suggested to us by management. We had spinach artichoke dip, a beef and blue cheese finger food, rib tips and veggies and dip for starters. For dinner we had Shepherds pie corn beef and cabbage and fried fish. Great food and the staff did a nice job with a big group. The food came to $20 a head, which I feel like was a reasonable price, but now that I think about it, it's weird that if we would have just ordered the same food off the menu I think it would have been cheaper I think. We had the back room for most of the evening and then as the party shrunk we went out for drinks at the bar. They had a huge selection of liquor and beer to choose from Including quite a few things I've never seen before. I am a bourbon guy, and while they had a good selection, I didn't really see anything exotic (I take a star away for that!). Very nice experience though!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

sioux falls
“Best corned beef ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

This was absolutely the best rueben sandwich I've ever had. I was home cooked not deli meat!Quality cheese and not so sour saurkraut.A group of six everbody was very happy with their meals,from fish and chips to smoked trout. If I ever make it back to Duluth this place is on the list.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Marshall, Minnesota
“Cozy atmosphere, great food and beer!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

The atmosphere is quaint and almost makes you feel like you are indeed in an Irish pub in Ireland! They have an extensive drink selection and brew some of their own beers, which we tried and were great! They have some traditional Irish food on the menu along with more American foods like burgers and wings. I had to try some Irish food! It only seemed right. They were out of the Piper's Feast so I then ordered the Shepherd's Pie. This came with some steamed vegetables that were plain, but still very good. Now the Shepherd's Pie was DELICIOUS! It had lamb and sausage in it giving it great flavor! I do wish the mashed potatoes had browned, crispy edges, but perhaps that is not Irish tradition. We had an excellent server - he was very nice and helpful. The prices did seem higher than average, but the experience was a lot of fun!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
“Dubh Linn - Ireland in the Northland”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

We visited on a rainy foggy evening and tried a sampler of their own brews and a classic, fish n chips. The beer was great (I had a pint of the summer pale ale), I love any place that makes their own beer, especially good beer! The meal was tastey and we enjoyed our fries with vinegar, although it would be more Irishy if they served "mushy peas" with it...I've never seen that done before in the area, but they could start. We enjoyed the atmosphere as well, it felt very authentic. Dubh Linn is at a very convenient location in downtown Duluth on Superior Street.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great pub.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

It's a great Irish pub in northern Minnesota. Stop in for a pint of your favorite beer and play some darts or pool. Or just do we did and sit at the bar and enjoy the atmosphere of this place.

Visited June 2013

Been to Dubh Linn? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Dubh Linn, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.